



So I had every intention of writing a post last week, but then life got in the way. Let's start with 2 weeks ago when Aaron was sick. Nothing more than a cough and a cold, but since he was running a fever he couldn't go to daycare. I was going to go in for a couple hours in the morning and then switch with Dave, but Aaron had an absolute meltdown when I tried to take a shower, so there was no work at all for me. Instead, I spent the day with Aaron on the couch watching Curious George 2....4 times! It's sad when you are begging your children to watch Cars, or Toy Story, or anything else. He didn't want to play, though I did manage to get a 45-minute book break in there. At least the poor kiddo was fever-free by noon, so he was off to daycare the rest of the week.
That Friday we headed up to Bretton Woods ski mountain in NH for the annual Ingalls family ski weekend. We stayed in an amazing house just a few hundred yards from the slopes. Mudgie took lessons on Saturday, and Aaron and I spied on him from the lodge. There was also a really nice snow playground that kids had fun playing at for a few hours. Although I was hoping to get Aaron on skis again, he was still a bit off, and so neither one of us ended up hitting the slopes. Even so, we all had a great time visiting with family. My favorite Mudgie funny of the weekend came when we were playing in our bedroom. The bed was really comfortable, and both kids loved laying in it. They were both burying themselves under the covers when we see a little hand poke up. Mudgie says, "Who wants to eat a boogie?" I said, "Ewww! Mudgie that's disgusting." Mudgie giggled and the hand disappeared back below the covers. Then we hear, "Mmmm. Yum!" So gross, but so funny!
This week we have been busy getting ready to put the house on the market. We have 1 week left, so the big push has been to de-clutter enough for our realtor to take photos for our listing. Mudgie has been obsessed with moving. First, he's very concerned about not living next door to our neighbors anymore, as he really loves playing with Lauren and Mikey. I can't say I blame him, as we have been very lucky in the neighbor department. I can only hope we get as lucky with our new neighbors. But he's also been asking about all of his stuff. He wants to be sure everything will be coming with him to the new house, and he can't believe a truck is going to take it all there. He said, "Mommy, is my bed going to go on the truck?" I told him yes. He asked, "Mommy, is my bed tent going to go on the truck?" I told him yes. Then he asked, "Mommy, is the potty going to go on the truck?" I told him no, but the new house will have it's own potties. Clearly he trying to make sense of it all.
Aaron has been making sense of his numbers and letters. On Friday I took the boys to get a haircut. I was helping Mudgie take off his coat when Aaron started yelling, "Arrr, arrr!" I go over to see what the fuss is all about Aaron is standing there pointing to the letter "R" on the foam mat. I couldn't believe it! Then on Sunday the kids were playing with the letter magnets on the fridge, and I asked Aaron to find the letter "R," and he did right away! Of course he then tried to eat it, but I guess that was his reward. It still could all be a coincidence, but wow!
Aaron is still very clingy when I'm around. I'm not sure why, but if I'm in the house he needs to be glued to me. Mudgie is much more independent, but he gets frustrated when he wants to get a little cuddle (or belly button) time in and Aaron won't share. It's not a terrible thing to have 2 amazing little boys fighting over me, but I feel bad when they feel like they need more. On most nights of the week, I try to put the boys to bed. That way they can each get a personal little snuggle session. With Aaron, he'll nurse (yes, he still does that) while I sing him his special songs, and then we'll read a book or 2. Then it's into the crib, hand him his lovey, cover him with his 2 blankies (he'll tell you "two" after you put the first one on), and out the door with another song. For Mudgie (aka the staller), it's 1 story, usually out of his giant Thomas book, and then a song. Once you finally get him in bed things go pretty smoothly, but he sure knows how to delay getting there.
While they can be clingy and whiny, more often than not they are sweet, loving and fun, and they always keep us on our toes!
No comments:
Post a Comment