Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A New Baby



As you may have noticed, I've been pretty terrible at keeping up with the blog.  I could try to justify it with some good excuses, but the reality is, I've gotten lazy.  Sunday night rolls around and I'd rather veg out on the couch than document what we've been up to.  There is also the fact that now, at 2.5 years old and 4.5 years old, there are not the crazy week-to-week changes in the boys that there once was.  Certainly, Aaron continues to grow up, gaining new words and sentence structure abilities, and Mudgie develops new interestes and demonstrates his brilliance and creativity in amazing ways, but in general, our lives have become fairly tame.

However, all that will change again this summer, when baby boy #3 makes his entrance into the Weatherwax house!  I'm due August 5, but judging from the size of both my belly and every ultrasound I've had, I would not be surprised if he wanted a July birthday like his big brothers.

We didn't tell the boys about the new baby until we had the anatomy scan and found out what the sex is.  That night, we sat down with the boys and said, "Guess what?  Mommy and Daddy went to the doctor today, and she told us that there is baby boy growing inside my tummy.  You guys are going to have a new baby brother this summer!"  Mudgie was SO excited.  He said, "A new baby?  Oh happy day!"  Yup...not even joking.  Then he started going on about he would hold the baby and feed him bottles.  Aaron was pretty excited too, and started talking about how he'd help me get the diapers and bottles, and how he wants to feed the baby too!  It was truly the best reaction I could have hoped for, and I only hope their excitement remains once he finally makes his appearance.

Mudgie is already totally enamored with this baby.  He always gives "the baby" (aka my belly) a kiss goodnight or goodbye, and he loves to make up stories about what the baby is doing in there all day.  He comes up with these crazy ideas about how the baby takes the food I eat and makes toys, cars, beds, and pretty much anything else with it.  Aaron loves to "tickle the baby" (again, my belly), and both boys tell me often how much they love the baby.  Mudgie has even picked out a name for him; Optimus Prime Weatherwax.  Dave and I aren't committing to anything yet, but we told him we'd take it into consideration.

No comments: