Well, I think this blog will be every an every few week update until the baby comes. There are several reasons for this. First, the boys just aren't that exciting. I'm only half joking. They are still as much fun (if not more so) than ever, but they are not changing in ways I can talk about in great detail every week. They are going up, but much of that plays out over months, not days at this point. Next, they are exhausting, as is growing this baby, so I'm saving my energy, and my witty writing, for when there is really something to write about.
So back to the boys. Last weekend Mudgie went to his second Red Sox game. Since his first was when he was 9 months old, it was his first real time experiencing Fenway. He loved getting dressed in his Red Sox attire. He loved taking the train into the city (we parked at Alewife). And he loved the ice cream, cotton candy, and kettle corn at Fenway. As for the baseball, I'm not sure he saw any of it! He even took a little nap around the 5th inning. But he didn't complain, and we stayed for the entire game, which even started 45 minutes late due to a rain delay. It was a really nice day with 3 generations of Weatherwax boys, as Grampy joined us for the outing. Aaron stayed home and had a special Grammy day since the game was right at nap time, and we all know what happens to Aaron when he needs a nap.
This weekend we went to the Apple Blossom Parade in our town. It's a pretty rinky-dink parade, but it's such a town event. All the town teams/clubs/organizations/activities/etc. (you get the picture) march in the parade. They throw out candy to the spectators on the street, so as you can imagine, kids LOVE it. Aaron ate his weight in candy at the parade, and then woke up the next day and the first thing he asked about was the whereabouts of his bag of candy! If I thought Mudgie had a sweet tooth, Aaron can put him to shame...he's totally my kid!
In other Aaron news, he had his best swim lesson to date this week. There were quite a few kids missing from lessons this week (probably because of the parade), so Aaron got "Mr. Mike" all to himself. After 5 minutes of coaxing, he finally went in the pool, and then they swam for the rest of the lesson. I was SO proud of him! This was a huge improvement over the previous week, when Mr. Mike was running late and Miss Ashley tried taking him for a swim. That resulted in Aaron freaking out and not going near the pool for the rest of the class. Oops.
We all know, Aaron is a little comedian. He loves to goof off, dance, and make up silly words. Tonight after bath he told me he was "obnoxious." I tried to get him to tell me where he heard that, but the most I could gather was something about Nemo. Aaron also has such a sweet side to him. He will spontaneously tell you that he loves you, is generous with his hugs and kisses, and loves his friends. I had been sick, and was still struggling to get back to 100%, when Aaron told me, "Mommy, I'll give you a hug and then you'll feel better." So he gives me a hug and asks, "Are you better now?" I told him, "Much better. Thank you!"
Mudgie is doing quite a bit of growing up himself. This week he had his kindergarten screening, where he went to the school and met with a teaching for a 10-ish minute "interview." He was so nervous. We talked about it all ahead of time, but he on the day of he got really scared to talk to someone without me with him. As we walked into the school the poor kid was shaking, and he had tears running down his cheek. Fortunately, the teacher he was meeting with, Mrs. Haight, spent 30 seconds with us, put him at ease, and then he went happily into the gym to build blocks with her. When they came out, he was happy as a clam, and couldn't stop talking about the rock wall in the gym! I can't believe he'll be starting school in just a few short months. This summer is going to fly by!






No comments:
Post a Comment