Sunday, March 7, 2010

Another 2 weeks






While I had every intention of doing a blog post last week, life just got in the way. Dave and I got to see Midgie (this is what we are calling the new baby for now) one last time. While we could have found out what we are having, and Dave kind of wanted to, we (me) chose not to. For some reason, the huge planner that I am does not need to know this detail. I can't even explain it!

Last weekend started off so nicely. Mudgie and I went to Western Mass to see Grampy Michael. Unfortunately, we couldn't stay too late, as I had to go into work later that day. Mudgie went to daycare for a couple hours, and then he and Daddy spent the evening together. Saturday, however, was a fun filled family day. We went back to the indoor playground, and this time we brought along Daddy and the camera. Mudgie had a lot of fun, again, but had a few sharing issues, especially in the sand box. He would be ok while he was in the sand box, but he didn't want anyone to play with "his" shovel even after he left...he would run back over if/when he noticed the terrible offender and yell at him. It was a little embarrassing for Dave and me, but it really only happened once or twice. The rest of the day was filled with screams of joy and laughter.

Sunday, I had planned to go back to work for a while, but Dave came down with the stomach bug sometime Saturday night, and he was in NO condition to watch Mudgie. Fortunately, his parents were already planning to come and spend the day visiting, so I just went into work a little later than I planned. Mudgie had a great day with Grammy and Grampy, and Dave spent the day unable to do anything at all. I was exhausted when I got home that night, and then sometime in the middle of the night, I came down with that same bug! Fortunately Mudgie managed to avoid it, but it hit the rest of the house pretty hard.

The rest of the week was kind of a blur. I put in a lot of hours at work, and Dave definitely picked up my slack. I think both Mudgie and I were happy when Friday came around and I got to devote all my attention to him. I definitely missed him this week, and I'm pretty sure he felt the same way! On Friday afternoon, we had a 2-month-old baby come and visit for a few hours. Mudgie was very excited for the visit, but after the initial excitement wore off, he almost forgot about him. He was very cute saying goodbye to the baby, though, and it makes me hopeful that his transition to becoming a big brother will go well.

We spent Saturday out in Springfield, and Mudgie loved playing outside with Grammy and Grampy Weatherwax. Dave and I had plans for a night out, and Mudgie was a very good boy for his grandparents, who seem to just melt every time they see him. The nice weather continued, and when we got home on Sunday, Mudgie finally got to play in his Little Tykes car that had been "stuck" inside the pool area all winter. He was so excited. And of course, the brilliant little boy that he is made sure to push the car outside the fence so it couldn't get "stuck" again.

Next weekend we are off to the Bahamas for a week. I'm sure Mudgie will have a blast on the planes and at the beach and pools and such. We are so excited for this vacation, and I can't wait to tell everyone all about it!

No comments: