It was a weekend of swing sets! On Saturday, Dave helped our neighbors put together their set, and on Sunday, Dave's parents came up so we could put up ours. Although Mudgie hasn't seen the final product, I think it's fair to say he likes it. He could barely contain his excitement for the "house" and the slide. In fact, he insisted on trying out the slide before it was even attached to swing set.
The hardest part of the weekend for Mudgie was seeing Daddy, but not being able to play with him. Daddy was hard at work all weekend, and Mudgie definitely wanted more quality time, even if he's going to love what Daddy was working on. We played with our neighbors while the dads worked, and that helped a lot. Mudgie played really well with Lauren, and for the first time it looked like they were both enjoying each others company. I think it helps that Mudgie is getting better with his words, so Lauren has a better understanding of what he's trying to do. It was really cute watching them play together, and nice for me to be able to take a more hands-off role. I'm looking forward to many more playdates like this to come!
In other news, a new baby started at daycare this week. Nina is 4 months old, and the little sister of Max, who left Karen's to go to school last fall. Mudgie was very excited to see the baby Thursday morning, and for the first time all week, happily turned to me to wave goodbye. Earlier in the week, my leaving was accompanied by lots of screaming and crying. I guess it was hard to go back to the real world after vacation. In any event, when I picked Mudgie up on Thursday, Karen said how good he was with the baby all day. She said, "You'll have no problem when the new baby comes!" Apparently, Mudgie liked playing with Nina's feet all day, and the only problem Karen had was that Mudgie kept taking off Nina's socks...how cute!
1 comment:
I am sure Mudgie is going to be a fabulous big brother ;)
Post a Comment