

As I packed up the kids' snow gear from daycare on Thursday, I was optimistic that I would not have to bring it back there until next year! It seems as though the warmer weather is finally here, and I am more than happy say "so long" to the winter.
We spent a lot of time outside this weekend, and that was very ok with me. The ride-on toys came out of the shed, and Mudgie even got his hands on the water hose this weekend. Fortunately, he doesn't seem to be quite as obsessed with it this year as he was last year...this is fortunate for our water bill too! Aaron is a big fan of the little red car (aka the cozy coupe), and I am quite pleased (and more than a little surprised) at how well Mudgie shares it with him. Aaron is also a big fan of his big brother and gets a huge kick out of chasing him. Mudgie loves to run around, so it's an easy game to play and seems to tire everyone out...bonus!
We also made our first trip to Kimballs this year, and while we had to wait about half an hour for ice cream, it was worth it. Mudgie happily devoured his entire cone, and then wanted to get some french fries too! Unfortunately for him, his mean parents said no to the fries and made him go home to eat dinner. Poor Aaron had to just sit there and watch us all eat our delicious ice cream, and all he got was a Mum Mum. Lucky for us, he doesn't know what he's missing!
It was a good thing the weather was so nice this weekend, because Mudgie's current favorite movie, Toy Story 3, is now on Netflix Instant, and he's been glued to the tv (or asking/whining to be glued to the tv). He calls it the "Steamie Movie" because of the train at the beginning, and is completely obsessed with it. At least it's a pretty cute movie.
We had a birthday party to go to on Saturday. Mudgie, who is currently very into birthdays and anxiously awaiting his own, was very excited about this. Since he wants a steamie train for his birthday, he was asking if the birthday boy had one. I told him probably not, but we could get his a steamie train book for his birthday. So on Friday we went to the book store, and Mudgie picked out a steamie train board book for the birthday boy. He was so excited about that I was worried he thought the book was for him, but after some questioning it was clear he knew the book was not his. I was so proud of my generous little man!
Aaron is still sleeping in his crib (all night long), but he's having some trouble staying asleep. We've started implementing Dr. Ferber's delayed response techniques, and it's clear that Aaron knows how to fall asleep on his own, but he doesn't want to. I'm still not sure how hungry he is in the middle of the night, but he seems to nurse pretty well when I go in there. I'm hoping to get him down to 1-2 wakings/feedings per night. I think if we can both get 4+ hours of uninterrupted sleep on a regular basis, everyone will be much happier. Fingers crossed.
No comments:
Post a Comment