


All things considered, Aaron seems to be handling his broken leg really well. He's figured out how to "walk" with his cast on (while holding onto our fingers), and while it looks incredibly awkward, he doesn't seem to mind. He gets sponge baths on the kitchen counter with a hair washing in the sink, and he's gotten really good at spinning himself around in a circle when he's sitting on the floor playing. He uses the cast for balance as he leans way over and rotates with the good leg...good thing he's flexible.
One apparent side effect of the broken leg is that Aaron has become a huge Mama's boy. This was already happening, even before the leg, but since that day he is so snuggly and attached to me (which I kind of love). He loves to snuggle on my shoulder with his thumb in mouth, and his other hand using my chest as his lovey (which I love a little less...in fact, it really hurts). Mudgie has also been much needier of his Mama time, perhaps because I've been monopolized by Aaron, and his obsession with my belly button has returned in full force. In fact, on Wednesday, Dave picked the boys up from daycare because I was teaching at the gym. When they got home, Mudgie asked him when I was coming home because he wanted to play with my belly button. Dave offered Mudgie his belly button, but Mudgie turned him down saying it was "too scratchy."
On Saturday, we brought Mudgie and Aaron to an Easter egg hunt at a local nursery. The Easter Bunny was there too. While it was raining and cold, we all had a great time, even though there were tons of pushy, greedy kids who picked up 50+ eggs each, leaving none for the little kids who didn't move very fast. Fortunately, Mudgie didn't seem to notice, and was very content with his 4 eggs and the lollipop the Easter Bunny gave him. Aaron loved the Easter Bunny (probably because he loves any animal), and when the Easter Bunny waved at any little kid, Aaron thought it was for him and would wave back with such enthusiasm. I wish I had that on video!
On Sunday, the Easter Bunny left presents for the boys at our house. Mudgie got a couple movies and some craft supplies in his basket, and Aaron got a sippy cup in his. Then it was time for the egg hunt outside. Mudgie happily searched out all the eggs, shaking each and every one before putting it into his basket. We actually emptied one out to see how'd he react, and when he came to it, he got this bewildered look on his face, looked at Dave and said, "Daddy, this one is empty!" You can't slip anything past that kid.
Both the boys did and said a lot of really cute stuff this week, and I wish I could remember more of it, but all I have left are these 2 Mudgisms:
1. I had put together a collage frame full of pictures of Mudgie, age 3 month through 2 years. Mudgie pointed to a baby picture and said, "That's Aaron." Dave said, "No, that's you when you were a baby." Then Mudgie pointed to one of the older pictures and said, "Is that Aaron when he is grown-up?"
2. We were driving home from Easter dinner when Mudgie's sippy cup got clogged (from pulpy orange juice). He said, "No juice coming out of my sippy cup, and into my mouth, and into my tummy."
I'm so lucky to have such wonderful (and entertaining) boys. I'm sure there will be plenty more laughs to share next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment