Sunday, March 25, 2012

Life with the house on the market







As I've mentioned before, we put our house on the market a couple weeks ago. While we were hopeful we would get an offer while we were in Puerto Rico, things didn't quite happen that way. That means every day we need to leave the house looking perfect. That's a lot of work under any circumstance, but with these 2 boys it's nearly impossible. It means we need to have the kids clean up after themselves, and we need to make sure that the "old" toys get put away before the "new" toys come out.

Aaron hasn't been a big fan of these new rules, but surprisingly, Mudgie has embraced them. He even has chores that he does after dinner every night. He get's the little broom and dust pan from the closet and cleans up the debris that he and Aaron drop during dinner. He usually leaves some for me to finish cleaning up, but the fact that he does this willingly means so much! He's such a great helper.

I have a lot going on at work right now, so this week (and probably the next few weeks) I had to work on Friday. This meant an extra day at K-K's for the kids. Mudgie didn't seemed phased by it, but I swear Aaron knew he was getting less "mommy" time and was super needy all weekend. He is great with other people when I'm not around, but as soon as he sees me he becomes a totally different kid.

We had a house showing on Saturday morning, and Dave wanted to do some yard work (after the showing), so the boys and I took the opportunity to go visit my grandparents in Boxford. Mudgie really clicks with my grandmother. He's so calm with her and really listens when she explains things to him. We took a walk down the road to visit the oreo cookie cows. Aaron was in heaven (after the semi-meltdown on our way there). He was talking to the cows by mooing at them, and he loved checking out the baby cows, who in turn loved checking him out! Mudgie "fed" them by throwing pieces of grass into the field (of grass). Then he was asking about eating grass, and my grandmother picked a piece and told him to eat it! I guess I should be happy, as it's the closest thing to a vegetable that crosses his lips...

On Sunday we had an open house, so Dave's parents came to visit and we all went out to a nice breakfast at Paul's Diner (yum) after we went to check out a house. Then, after checking out one more house, we got back home just in time for nap. The rest of the day was filled with lots of laughs, especially when Grampy pretended to be a monster scaring Mudgie. Aaron wanted to get in on the action, so he donned a Halloween costume and pretended to be a monster too! I love how these boys find such creative ways to have fun. Now let's just hope we sell the house soon and we can get back to having messy fun.

No comments: