
It's been a hectic week for everyone. In addition to having the house on the market and trying to find a new place we want to live, Dave and I have both been extremely busy at work. I think the incredible amount of stress we've been feeling has been trickling down to the kids. What makes me think that?
Well, let's start with Aaron's new afternoon meltdown. Starting on Tuesday, Aaron has had a colossal meltdown every day between 4:30 and 5:30pm. It's unclear what sets him off, but it usually starts as he transitions to a new activity. Luckily for me, for every day but one this week, that activity was me arriving at daycare to take him home. He would be happy to see me for about 30 seconds, and then start screaming and crying hysterically. Yep...that made me feel really good. And if feeling the Aaron love at pick-up wasn't enough, I had to feel it in the car the whole way home. I couldn't believe how long 15 miles felt!
Mudgie has also been "off." He's been moody and cranky all week, whining (more than usual) and requiring multiple time-outs. On Wednesday I took him to the dentist for his second appointment. It went really well...and by really well I mean he refused to sit in the chair and let the hygenist look in his mouth, so instead I had to physically restrain him so the dentist could look in his mouth and clean his teeth while Mudgie thrashed around and kicked me. Fun!
But the best/worst story of the week occurred on Saturday morning when Aaron was "playing" with the telephone and somehow managed to dial 911. I wish I were joking! Dave saw he had actually called someone so he hung up the phone immediately. However, he didn't see who Aaron had called, and was pretty surprised when just after hanging up the Westford Police Department called our house. He was even more surprised when a cop car showed up in our driveway just a few minutes later!
This week I hope I can be more patient and more understanding. I know these boys don't understand all the things Dave and I have going on, and when we are short with them, they act out. All we can do is try harder...
No comments:
Post a Comment