Monday, October 8, 2012
The 2 Musketeers
Once again, I missed posting last week. This time, however, I have a very good reason for it. I didn't have anything to write about because Dave and I went away for the whole weekend. By ourselves. Without the boys. That's right, for the first time since Mudgie was born, Dave and I had a whole weekend just to ourselves. While I suppose I could go on and on about how hard it was to leave the boys and how much we missed them while we were gone, I'd be lying. I'm sure part of that has to do with the fact that we knew they were in great hands. Auntie Andrea and Uncle Nathan watched them on Friday night, and then Grammy and Grampy Weatherwax (with guest appearances from Auntie Lisa) had them the rest of the weekend. The other part was that, even though we really were happy to see them when we got back, we also really enjoyed our grown-up only time! For their part, the boys had a blast all weekend. Grammy and Grampy spoiled them (big surprise, right?) with toys and candy and Chuck E Cheese, and those kiddos loved every minute of it!
This weekend was pretty low-key, filled with family pictures (results to come later), pumpkin picking, and other outdoor fun. What both Dave and I have noticed lately is how the boys are starting to recognize each other as playmates, and at times, peers. They will purposefully make each other laugh, and they are even starting to do some back-and-forth play scenarios too. Mudgie is such a caring big brother, and he gets so upset when Aaron hurts himself...which is fairly often since Aaron seems to have inherited my klutz gene (sorry, Aaron!). He even told me that he doesn't want Aaron to get hurt "because he loves him so much!" Aaron has also really started to express his fondness for Mudgie, and in ways other than copying everything Mudgie does.
Aaron and I had the following conversation as we were driving in the car this weekend.
Aaron: "Me love you, Mommy."
Me: (heart melting) "Aww, Aaron. That's so sweet! I love you too, kiddo."
Aaron: "Me love Daddy, Mommy."
Me: "Well Daddy loves you too, Aaron. Do you love anyone else?"
Aaron: "Me love Eli and Mudgie, Mommy."
Me: "That's very nice Aaron, but you do realize that Eli and Mudgie are the same person, right?"
Aaron: (silence)
That conversation was then followed by this one with Mudgie.
Mudgie: "Mommy, I love you as much as the whole planet."
Me: (heart melting) "Aww, Mudgie. I love as much as the whole solar system."
Mudgie: "I love you all the way to the moon."
Me: "I love you all the way to end of the Milky Way galaxy!"
It's never to early for science lesson!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment