Sunday, September 23, 2012

Mudgie plays T-ball...and then he gets sick



This week's Mudgie's "sports practice" was an introduction to T-ball.  Watching a group of 10 4-year-olds running bases and hitting balls (mostly) with bats was pretty entertaining.  Aaron came to practice this week to help cheer on Mudgie, but spent most of the evening at the playground instead.  Of course, my little dare devil was climbing up things that kids twice his age wouldn't dare to (and not just Mudgie).  Amazingly, Aaron does seem to know his own limitations, and is pretty careful (thus far) not to try stuff he can't do.  Both the boys had a great time that night, as Dave and I traded off cheering on Mudgie and spotting Aaron and his death-defying tricks.

I thought I was going to have to work on Friday, but at the last minute, things got delayed, giving me the day off with the boys.  It was well timed, because both boys were a bit under the weather.  We hung out at home, so as not to share whatever germs we had, and played, baked, and then went exploring on the trails in our backyard after nap.

On Saturday, the boys and I went to visit Grampy Michael in the morning.  Unfortunately, Mudgie was no better on Saturday morning, but got progressively worse as the day went on.  By the time we got home he was wheezing badly and running a fever.  I was pretty concerned about the wheezing, as it would return before we could give him another nebulizer treatment, and I considered brining him to the ER.  Instead, Dave and I each got up once in the middle of the night to wake Mudgie and give him another breathing treatment.   Can I just say, who ever thought we'd be waking him up in the middle of the night?  In any case, it seemed to do the trick because when he woke up the next morning he was so much better!

Sunday was filled with more outdoor playing.  Mudgie really wanted to show Daddy the trails in the woods, but settled for me coming with him again instead.  As we walked along, he said, "Mommy, I think Daddy is scared to come in the woods, but there are no dinosaurs in here.  They are all extinct!"  And then he stepped on a branch, screamed, and jumped about a foot in the air...priceless!


No comments: