Sunday, December 9, 2012

It's the Holiday Season








Yes, well, I've slacked on yet another weekly post.  What can I say?  The boys just aren't that interesting anymore!  Just kidding.  In fact, they keep me on my toes more than ever, which means by the time Sunday night rolls around, I'm often too spent to sit down and write about our week.  But I'm here, and I'll try to make up for lost time.

Let's start with Aaron, who is just Mr. Personality.  He may act shy when he first meets someone, but give him 5 minutes and he is stealing the show.  He's cute and he knows it.  These days, he won't go anywhere without his froggy hat (which is almost too small) and his monster gloves/mittens.  He loves putting on his mittens, but sometimes struggles getting his "fee foe fum" (aka thumb) into the right hole.    In his world, anything can be fixed by a tissue, and luckily, he's discovered he can stick one in his pocket so it's always there.  It's great during the day when he starts having a meltdown about something like Tiggy looking at him wrong, but not so great on laundry day.  Aaron loves, and always has loved accessories   He is very particular about what shoes he wants to wear (my heals whenever I leave them downstairs), which coat he wants, which sippy cup he wants (usually the pink sparkley "tea" cup or the Nemo sippy with the "sharky).  But the best one yet was when he put on the bra I had just taken off!  Too bad I didn't get that one on camera.

Mudgie has really turned into such a big boy and a great big brother.  Every day when his nightlight turns to sun, he goes into Aaron's room to get him before they both pitter patter into our room to wake us up!  The two of them are so cute that you can't even be upset about how early it is!  Then he'll help Aaron down the stairs and put something on the iPad for them to watch.  Aaron, of course, is the happy little follower, wanting to do whatever his big brother will let him.

As for cute things they say, there are a lot, but I never stop to write them down, and so I never remember them on Sunday night.  I'll try my best to have some good quotes for next week.  However, since the Christmas cards have gone out, I can post some of the great shots we got from our family photo session in October.  Every time I look at them, I smile.

These kids really help me to see the magic in Christmas.  When we got our tree this weekend, Mudgie was so excited to pick it out and then decorate it.  Aaron was more confused than anything else...why does he get in trouble for bringing in leaves from outside when we just brought in a whole tree?  Since the tree needed to settle a bit before we could decorate it, Mudgie had to be patient.  But his patience paid off when we let him skip his nap the next day to decorate.  Every strand of lights and each ornament was magical to him.  He kept saying, "Oh Mommy, it's so beautiful!"  Seeing things through their eyes makes everything more special.

No comments: