So last weekend we spent 4 wonderful days down on the cape. It was our last get-away as a family of 4, though we were lucky to have Grammy and Grampy Weatherwax join us. The boys got to the chance to be spoiled by their grandparents, and Dave and I got to enjoy have 2 extra sets of hands to entertain the boys.
We stayed at a condo at a resort in South Yarmouth, and we were just across the street from the beach. We spent our first morning there building sand castles, splashing in the chilly water, and enjoying the beautiful scenery. Aaron loved finding crab legs buried in the sand and then pretending to eat people with them. Mudgie did not find that game nearly as enjoyable.
While the the next couple days were wetter and windier than that first one, we still had a lot of fun. We ate delicious food, got presents at some cool shops, and swam in the indoor pool. And speaking of swimming, while neither boy is swimming on his own yet, they are both so much more comfortable in the water than they were last year, that I think the swim lessons were totally worth it. In fact, I think Mudgie is actually getting close to point of being able to swim without any floatation help, and if we get in enough pre-baby swimming together, he get there this summer!
On our last day of vacation, the weather finally cleared, so we spent our morning much in the same way as our first. On the beach, the boy flew kites with Daddy and Grampy, and then they went on a "treasure hunt"with Grampy and his metal detector. Mudgie found a whole dollar in change, that I'm sure Grammy and Grampy had nothing to do with dropping in the sand! He was so excited to go home and put it in his piggy bank.
Later that evening, Aaron was still outside enjoying the beautiful day with Dave, while I was inside with Mudgie. We were looking through all the pictures we took on vacation, and Mudgie asked why there were so many more pictures of Aaron than of him. I explained that it was because when we ask them to look our way and smile, Aaron will happily participate, where as Mudgie will ignore us, or say cheese but not look at the camera, or hide instead. I don't think he was pleased with my answer, but he's also done nothing to change his behavior since, so I don't think the picture:child ratio will be changing anytime soon.
As for cute things the kids have said lately, we have:
- The boys calling me a snowman...something I don't have a lot of grounds to argue against these days, other than my lack of a big orange nose.
- Mudgie telling me how he knows all about how the moon goes around the Earth. And by the way, do you know you can fit 4 moons inside the Earth? Real facts from my 4-year-old!
- Aaron referring to his new baby brother as "that guy in there," while pointing to my belly.
- As I tried explaining to boys why I'm not eating certain foods so the baby doesn't get too big, Mudgie asks, "What will happen if he grows too fast? Will your belly crack or something?" Yup. Something like that, kiddo!







No comments:
Post a Comment