Sunday, July 14, 2013
Out of the mouths of babes
Dave went backpacking a few weeks ago, leaving the boys and I on our own for 2.5 days. This was no easy feat for the boys, having to put up with a somewhat cranky, 8 months pregnant mommy without daddy to run interference. Luckily for mommy, the boys were in a pretty good mood, making my job much easier. We had a really nice weekend, starting with a Friday night date night with my 2 favorite men.
We went to Chili's (only the best for my boys), and had a nice dinner. Mudgie was checking out the promotional propaganda on the table, and a picture of a tall glass of beer caught his eye. He asked what it was, and when I told him it was beer, he said, "Daddy likes beer!" I told him I like beer too, but I can't drink it right now because the baby does not like beer. He responded with, "That's right...because the baby eats and drinks everything you do. But after the baby pops out, then you are free to drink as much as you'd like!" I could only laugh and tell him how right he was!
Then on Saturday the boys and I went to visit my grandparents for a swim day. We had a blast! Both Mudgie and Aaron are such little water bugs now, and we spent hours in the pool (which was totally ok with the pregnant lady). Mudgie is 100% comfortable swimming anywhere in the pool as long as he has his little arm swimmies on, and Aaron spent the morning in the pool with his life vest, and the afternoon with just a noodle. Those swim lessons are absolutely paying off this summer! But the best conversation of the day was when we were driving in the car, and Aaron asked me if I could make the boo-boo's on his knees go away for his birthday. At first I said, "Oh yes. They will most certainly be better by your birthday." But then I realized he was parroting me, and how whenever he (oh so loving) points out my spider veins (thank you pregnancy), I tell him to tell Daddy that I want to make them "go away for my birthday, or Christmas, or Mother's Day." He's quieter than Mudgie, so we don't always realize everything he takes in, but he's just as much a little sponge!
Sunday was playdate with Cole and Riley, friends from daycare. The kids had a lot of fun together, but unfortunately, all that fun resulted in both boys catching a stomach bug that no one knew Riley had yet. She went home sick from K-K's a couple days later, and then Thursday afternoon I got a call that Mudgie had a fever too.
That started one of the longest weekends we've had in long time. Besides a fever, which Aaron also started running by Friday night, the boys had stuff coming out of them from both ends. They were sad and miserable, and I was doing more laundry than I could imagine, just hoping that by some miracle, no one else in the house would get it (luckily, no one did). Thankfully, by Monday morning all was well again, and I was very happy to put that weekend behind us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment