Sunday, August 18, 2013
Brotherly Love
Well there is no question that these boys love their new baby brother. They are both all over him (often times just when I've gotten him to sleep), and while I do wish they would time their doting a little better, or not go off and sulk when I tell them to leave Thomas alone so he can actually get some sleep, I am overjoyed with their love for him.
Thomas continues to be a dream baby. However, this week he has stared to "awaken more," as Mudgie would say (yes, my 5-year-old has an insane vocabulary), which is both a good thing and a challenge. When it's just Tommy and me, I arrange our outings around his naps/eating. But on Thursday, Mudgie had a kindergarten meet-up event to check out the school bus and meet some new kids in his class. The three of us went to this, and though Thomas slept through most of it, it was enough to throw him off for the entire afternoon. Mudgie, on the other hand, had a blast and made some new friends!
Friday was my first day on my own (no Dave) with all 3 boys. After watching too much tv in the morning, I was able to get us all out of the house and to the mall, where I got the big boys some new sneakers. We then played at the mall "playground," and Mudgie and Aaron had so much fun playing together. Honestly, it was the longest I've seen them go without intentionally pushing each other's buttons in a very long time. It worked out well, because Thomas was a bit fussy, and it allowed me to sit and feed him while his brothers ran around and burned off some energy. Then we even got lunch before we headed home. I felt like a mommy rockstar after that outing!
As for the big boys, Aaron is talking up a storm, and comes out with the funniest things these days. The boys keep talking about Halloween, and Aaron keeps saying that "witches are his not favorite part of Halloween. Candy is his favorite part of Halloween."
Mudgie, on the other hand, is asking ridiculously insightful questions and then completely processing the grown-up answers I give him. Somehow we started talking about retiring, and what did it mean, why do people do it, etc. I explained how when people got older, they either couldn't work anymore or don't want to work anymore, so we need to save our money now so we can retire when we want/need to in the future. Then he asked me what the future was. Fast forward to this morning, and Mudgie asked Dave when he was going to retire, and told him that he wants Dave to not work and then he and Aaron can stay home with him and not go to K-K's. I then asked him what Daddy needs to do if he wants to retire, and of course he replied, "Save his money!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment