Now that Tommy is sleeping in his crib (at least in the evenings), it means I have 2 hands free to type with. The result, I can now catch up on some much-overdue bragging, I mean blogging!
I feel like Aaron is too often overlooked in my blog updates. Rest assured, Aaron sees to it that he is never overlooked at home. He is such a goofy little showman, but also so sweet and loving. However, he needs a certain amount of attention, and if he feels like he's not getting enough, he will take extreme measures to correct that. While Mudgie's scream is beyond compare, Aaron can throw an epic tantrum! He is also so strong willed that these tantrums/meltdowns can go on for a good 30 minutes on occasion. More often, though, just a little attention and focus on just Aaron (and usually a tissue too) can squelch the situation.
Aaron is very interested in relationships, and how people are connected to one another. He asks lots of questions about who people's parents/siblings/children are, and refers to them as such once he understands. He will call Dave's parents "Daddy's mommy and daddy" in the same sentence he refers to them as "my grammy and grampy, the regular ones." Note, he is not implying that his other grandparents are "irregular," though it may not be wrong (just kidding), but just that the kids call the other grandparents grampy/grammy something.
Lately, though, he's been thinking about the future and what he wants to be when he grows up. In fact, he'll tell anyone who asks (and lots of people who don't) that he "wants to be a daddy" when he grows up, and that he "is going to marry his daycare friend Riley." Apparently, they play house almost every day with "froggy baby" (I had to get another one for daycare after bring it to/from Karen's every day and forgetting it over a weekend once), and he's the daddy and Riley is the mommy. The other kids at daycare are froggy's brothers and sisters, including Tommy (still not sure how that works out), and Dave and I are froggy's grammy and grampy!
Finally, poor Aaron stole the spotlight again this weekend when he took a shovel to face while playing out in the snow. He and Mudgie were building their igloo while I was pulling Tommy around in the sled. Mudgie was busily digging, and took a big scoop but missed the snow. Apparently Aaron was standing right next to/behind him, because I look away for a second, heard a scream, and saw Aaron standing there crying with blood dripping everywhere. I may have freaked out a little bit! I scooped him up and ran him inside, leaving Mudgie and Tommy (who was in the sled) outside. Dave grabbed some tissues to clean him up while I got everyone inside, but the cut was really deep, so it was off to the ER with him.
I stayed home with Mudgie and Tommy (which killed me, but I couldn't justify bring Tommy to the hospital because I wanted to be with Aaron) while Dave went to Emerson with Aaron. He said Aaron was such a brave boy, and that all the nurses were fawning over him (shocking, right?). Aaron told them, "Mudgie shoveled me!" They said they usually sedate kids his age to stitch them up, but said they could try it without first. Aaron did so well he didn't need anything but novocaine, and 3 stitches later he was on his way home! Now we just need to do our best to let it heal, and hope that there is not too much scarring. As you can see from the pictures, it could have been SO much worse (look at how close to his eye that was!!!), so I'm trying really hard to focus on the positive and be happy he is ok.

No comments:
Post a Comment