Sunday, January 26, 2014

Tommy "Two Stepper" Eats Up






Tommy had a big week.  After weeks of sitting in his high chair, staring, while the rest of his family ate dinner, Tommy finally got to eat at the dinner table too!

I had planned to wait until he was 6 months before starting him on "real" food, but he had been trying to eat everyone else's food for weeks, and I just felt like he was ready.  As it turns out, I was right! Tommy took right to the whole eating thing, opening his mouth like a little bird, waiting for me to fill it up with brown rice cereal.  Unlike Aaron, who tried to spit everything out when we first fed him, Tommy knew exactly what to do, and was SO happy to do it.  It was as if he was saying, "Now this is what I've been waiting my whole life for!"  He now eats dinner with his brothers every night, and gets rather upset when he finishes.  Sometimes I'll make him some more, but I don't want him to get an upset tummy, so while I'm sure he would keep going, even after another round, I usually cut him off before he seems full.  And while he is super cute to feed and watch eat, the resulting diapers that he produces are not nearly as enjoyable!

Aaron has been doing well with his stitches.  We had a bandaid over them for a few days as he kept wanting to touch the area but didn't want to feel the stitches.  He's gotten over that now.  We went to the doctor on Friday to have them see if it was time to take them out...it wasn't.  We'll go back tomorrow for that, but he had every nurse in office in our exam room, telling them all about what happened.  Between him and Tommy, they were all swooning!  He is such a little performer I can't even stand it.  His new thing is letting me take videos of him, and then watching them over and over. He would make such a great model!

Mudgie had a good week.  His school started their "star reader" program, and the kids fill out sheets with how much time they spend reading.  For every 15 minutes, they get to color in a star, and each sheet has 5 stars.  When they complete a sheet, they bring it back to school, and then get entered in a drawing to win a book.  Mudgie won this week, and was so excited to come home and tell me about the book he got to choose, and how he gets to "keep it forever and he never has to bring it back!"

The weekend was pretty low-key, with Grammy and Grampy visiting.  Aaron started acting out late in the week, and has been hitting, punching, and doing other mean things to Mudgie without being provoked (too much).  It's an issue we are working on, so I'll let you know how it goes next week.  Maybe it's just a result of too much indoor time due to the freezing cold weather.  Here's hoping our trip south provides some relief in that department!


No comments: