After what has seemed like an endless winter, it appears that spring may actually be here. Tommy enjoyed his first ride on the swings. Mudgie and Aaron started practicing for T-ball season (even though only Mudgie is playing). Tommy got to ride in the hiking backpack while the big boys rode around on their bikes. Mudgie is getting much more comfortable on his bike, and while he is not yet ready to take off the training wheels, I think he is probably ready for a ride on the rail trail. The boys spent time playing in the sandbox, which is now extra fun since we put in water spigot nearby. They rode on the tire swing together and Mudgie spun them around really fast "with his magic." It was almost as if the boys forgot to fight with each other, and instead, everyone just focused on having fun. It was pretty amazing!
While not outside this weekend, we've been trying out new games to play inside. Mudgie suggested we play "bloody murderer." When he suggested this, Dave and I looked at each other with a shocked, WTF expression on our faces! Mudgie described how to play the game, which is really just a little twist on hide and seek, and it sounded pretty fun. The "it" person hides, and the rest of the players count "on base." Then they seek out the "it" person, yell when they find him/her, and try to get back to base before the "it" person tags them. Dave told Mudgie we can play the game, but that we didn't like the name, and asked if we could call the game (and the "it" person) "Happy Surprise Monster" instead...I found this hilarious! For the record, I think everyone agreed on "ghost." Mudgie was tough to play with, though, because he always wanted the other counter to go look for the ghost and he offered to "guard" the base...that smart little cookie didn't want to get caught!
In other news, another addition of "funny things the kids say:"
Aaron (again) tries to give Tommy some of his honey nut Cheerios (yay for sharing), so I (again) explain to him that Tommy really shouldn't have things with honey in them until after his birthday.
Aaron: "The sweet Cheerios are my best. I think Tommy will like them too."
Me: "I know they are yummy. I really like them, too, but Tommy can't have them until after his birthday."
Aaron: "Don't worry, Tommy. You can get the hunnies after you turn 1."
Not so much a conversation, but really just another lesson for me on how boys are different from girls. Mudgie has named his pee-pee. It's name is Goopy. I'm not sure where the name came from (I really don't think I want to know), but it's stuck around for a few weeks now. It must be a boy thing...I never named any of my body parts.

No comments:
Post a Comment