Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day, Giant Baby, and Bug Anxiety








I'll start off with a giant thank you to my amazing family (and the weather gods) for an absolutely perfect Mother's Day!  First, Tommy slept through the night until 5am (only the 2nd time ever), and then went back down after a quick feeding!  Dave got up with the boys at a normal hour (6:30am), and let me sleep luxuriously late (8:30am)! Then after being greeted with hugs, kisses, and Mother's Day wishes, I was set free to go for a nice, long run on a beautiful sunny morning.  I returned home to find Aaron and Tommy happily playing in the sandbox, and surprisingly, Tommy wasn't even trying to eat the sand! After nap, we had a family outing to Kimball's for some ice cream, and before I knew it the day was over.  I'm one lucky mother.

Now I'll backtrack a bit to Tommy's 9 month check-up.  He did not disappoint in the size department.  Even the doctor said, "Wow! He got big!" when he walked in the room.  Tommy measured 22 lbs. 9 oz., and 30" long, putting him at 95% for height and 90% for weight.  He only needed one shot this visit, and he didn't even cry when he got it...I think because his thighs are so big!  Aaron was so confused by this. As we were packing up to leave, Aaron said, "I thought Tommy needed a shot."  I told him Tommy already got it, and he responded, "But I didn't hear him cry!" I told him Tommy had been very brave!

And speaking of brave, that is something Mudgie took a huge backslide on this weekend.  All of a sudden, he has become terrified of bugs.  I'm not sure what caused this, but whenever he saw a bug outside this weekend, it seemed to induce an anxiety-attack level response that would send Mudgie screaming for the house.  The temptation of ice cream was barely enough to get him out of the house!  I'm hoping that this response disappears as quickly as it came on, because it's pretty debilitating to the Weatherwax lifestyle.


No comments: