Leaving Mommy and Eli home alone!
Dave started back at work this week, but I think the 2 of us were able to get a handle on this little guy first. Yesterday was the first day I was alone with him, and things went really well. I was able to take a shower (thank you vibrating bouncy chair), and Eli let me give him a bath...and by "let me" I mean he screamed and cried through the whole thing! It's not one of his favorite activities.
We had a play-date with our neighbors, too. We went for a nice walk around the neighborhood, and then had lunch (thank you, Betsy). Lauren (she's 1) was very interested in Eli...I hope they will be good friends.
Today I started pumping breastmilk (sorry if this grosses anyone out). If I didn't feel like a dairy cow before, I sure do now! The things we do for our kids...right? Eli and I will also be trying our first solo car trip today to the farmer's market. He did really well last week, so I'm hoping for a repeat performance!
As for sleeping, he's been doing really well. We've been keeping him awake in the evenings, and last night he let me get 3 straight hours of sleep. Mommy was VERY happy!
That's all for now. We are eagerly awaiting the arrival of Auntie Lisa on Thursday night! We'll give another update in a few days.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congrats to you both. Eli is a beautiful name. He looks so cute!!!!
I love this baby blog you have put together. Can't wait to read more.
Michele,
I am glad to see that you are all doing well. While some of the comments were a little graphic, it's all part of motherhood. Thanks for setting up the blog.
Love,
Dad
OH MY GOSH, MICHELE!!! Congrats to you and Dave. Eli is beautiful!
Here's the blog for our baby born in March!
www.rileymacdonald.com
Best,
Caitlin
No doubt about it...Eli is the most beautiful baby boy I have ever seen! Love all the info! I'm hooked! Can't wait for future installments of "ALSO KNOWN AS HOMER!"
Love to you and Dave and tender hugs for Eli!
Love,
Mary
Post a Comment