So today was my first day back at work. It actually went better than I expected. Since I am currently without a car, Dave and I are carpooling until I get my new car on Thursday. We took Daddy to work, and then we went to Karen's (the daycare lady's) house. Eli was asleep, and woke up just long enough for me to kiss him goodbye. Then I got in the car and cried the whole way to work.
I called a couple of times to check up on him during the day, and by all accounts, he did very well! He ate a very reasonable amount of food (15 oz), and I feel like if that is the norm then I should be able to keep up with him through pumping. I pumped 10-11 oz at work, and I pump 3-6 oz first thing in the morning, so I just need to keep that up.
When I picked him up he was playing with his 2 new girlfriends. Jackie (the 4-year-old at daycare with him) is just thrilled to have a baby to dote on, and I'm sure Eli is just eating up the attention! I missed him, but all in all I think the day went well.
2 comments:
Hey chica,
Im glad your first day back went better than you would have expected. =)
Grace
Oh my Gosh! He is changing so much! I miss you all so very much!
I know this week has been tough on you! You will be living for the weekends even more so now then when it was just the 2 of you! Guess what? Tomorrow is Friday!
Love,
Auntie Lisa
Post a Comment