Yes, that's right...Mudgie is 5 months old today. Where has the time gone? On one hand, he is so different from the tiny little baby we brought home from the hospital. On the hand, 5 months old sounds so much older than I think of him as. It's not as if I expect a 5 month old baby to be making his own meals and doing his own laundry (although that sounds pretty nice), but I guess I expected that by this point Eli would be sleeping through the night (in his crib) and entertaining himself with his toys for more than a couple minutes at a time. Maybe (probably) I had unrealistic expectations.
I can't say that I'm unhappy with where things are are, however. In many ways, I love having my little man in bed with us. He is so cuddly and warm at night, and he is so happy to wake up and see us in the morning. I also like that he still NEEDS me for so much...I know he'll become more independent when he is ready, so I really do cherish this time I have with him. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind a full night's sleep with being able to turn and position myself at will!
For the past week, Eli has been doing really well. He's napping well, and he's happy during the day. He goes down to bed easily at night. I'm really happy with how his "schedule" is regulating. His play time is changing too. He tolerates tummy time for longer intervals. He plays in his exersaucer. His favorite activity is still stuff anything into his mouth, which I think is what is preventing him from rolling over...he gets stuck because he always has his fist in his mouth!
He's just changing so much every day...I can't wait to see what he'll do next.
No comments:
Post a Comment