This Wednesday Mommy had to travel to Alabama for the day. The day started off at 3am when she left. I thought that Mudgie would sleep soundly until about 6am. Little did I know that apparently he doesn't like to sleep without Mommy. He woke up about 5 minutes after she left and started crying. I quickly ran downstairs to the milk supply and fed him 6 oz. No luck. He wouldn't stop crying and I knew he was completely over tired so it was time to whip out the only weapon in my arsenal, the car. I loaded him up into the car (now 4am), did our usual circuit (15 min loop) and came home. Still awake. Got back in the car and did another circuit. Out cold. I brought him in the house and left him in the car seat. He slept soundly until about 6am. I fed him another 6er and got him changed. After being watered twice (and it getting everywhere), I finally got him clean and ready for day care. The drive there was a snap!
I decided to work from home that day so I could mentally (and physically) prepare for the night ahead. Mommy was scheduled to arrive around 1am. I picked Mudgie up around 5pm and drove back home. We ate, danced, and played. We even put together the baby einstein play thing. Mommy called and told us that she got on an earlier flight and was going to now arrive at 11:30! We were VERY excited to hear this. Around 8ish Mudgie started getting cranky. I knew he was getting tired and I can only get him to go to sleep with a bottle. Unfortunately the bottle didn't put him to sleep, so back to the car we went! Two more circuits and he was fast asleep. He slept in his car seat until around 10pm.
Eli was so excited to see Mommy. He had a BIG smile on his face. Then we all went to sleep around midnight, finally.
-Daddy

No comments:
Post a Comment