Sunday, October 25, 2009

2 weeks worth of Mudgie





Well, as you may have noticed, I didn't post anything last week. The reason...I had no new pictures. I don't know what that says about us that we have taken pics of the little guy every week since he was born, but he's just so darn cute it's hard not to. However, life finally kept us busy enough to stay away from the camera for an entire week, and a post without pictures is well, boring!

Mudgie is getting very good at eating with utensils. He will feed himself with a spoon and fork, though the process is rather slow. He is very persistent however, and has an amazing amount of patience when it comes to feeding himself! This is not to be confused with his very short fuse when it comes to playing. Mudgie can go from happy to hysterical in 3 seconds flat if he is having trouble manipulating a toy to do what he wants. For example, if he's driving a push-toy and runs into a wall, instead of backing up and re-directing, he will repeatedly bang into the wall and start to scream. Hopefully this is just a phase...

A very generous co-worker gave us 3 big boxes of books that her kids had outgrown. One of the books is a big board book all about trucks. Mudgie can spend hours looking through that thing! I've really never seen him more into anything before...I can't thank her enough.

This weekend we all enjoyed some quiet family time. Mudgie helped us rake the yard. Well, that may be a slight exaggeration. He did enjoy playing with the rake, until it got caught on something, and then the previously described fit ensued. He was a big help picking up the sticks in the yard, or at least one stick, which he played with while we raked. In any case, he seemed to enjoy the raking process much more this year than last, when I tried raking with the yard with him in the baby carrier.

I cleaned out his closet a bit this weekend. I filled a giant Rubbermaid container with his 0-6 month clothes. First, it is amazing how many outfits he has, and second, looking at him now it is amazing he ever fit in them! We also put away all his "newborn" toys and bottles and such. It was nice to free up some space, but it's just another reminder that our little boy is growing up. While we love the little man he is becoming, it's still a little sad.

Daddy is leaving us next week. He will be traveling to Washington DC for work, leaving the two of us on our own. Mudgie really wanted to throw a party, but I put my foot down and said not on a school night! Anyway, we have big plans for Halloween, so stay tuned for what I hope to be some great pictures next week.

1 comment:

Auntie Lisa said...

I can't believe how fast Mudgie has grown, it must have been so hard to put all the "baby" toys and clothes away! I'm sad thinking about it!