
We had great weather this weekend, and Mudgie took full advantage. We were able to get all of our errands done on Friday, so we could play all weekend. Mudgie got 2 pairs of new shoes, both of which he loves. He got a new pair of sneakers, size 6, and we were finally able to say goodbye to the extra wide shoes...these are only wide. He also got a pair of crocs, which are great for when he is playing with water. He kept talking about his new shoes all weekend!
On Saturday, we got Mudgie a little plastic kiddie pool. He was a big fan right away, but anything that involves water is always a hit with him. We spent the weekend playing in the new pool, on the swing, on the slide, with his car, with bubbles, and playing "chase" and hide and seek. I love playing chase with him, as he'll get a big smile on his face, run right up to me with arms wide open and say, "I got you, Mama!" Really, how could I not love that?
It became very apparent to us this weekend that even when he's not participating in the conversation, Mudgie doesn't miss anything that's being said or done around him. After we had talked about open the pool this weekend on Friday, he told Dave to "open pool, Daddy" while playing outside on Saturday morning. At dinner on Saturday, Dave and I were saying how we can't wait to go a big camping trip, and Mudgie jumped right into the conversation with a "me too!" He's becoming more and more boy and less and less baby every day, and I just keep falling more and more in love. He is so kind, sweet, and cuddly. Every night when I put him to bed, I'll read him a few books, and then turn off the lights and lay in bed with him as I sing his "special song." After a round or 2 he'll be ready for bed and say, "Bye, Mama." There are some nights that I just don't want to leave...
1 comment:
So sweet! I just LOVE his blue crocs!!!!
Post a Comment