On Saturday, Grammy and Grampy Weatherwax came up to see Mudgie, and Mommy and Daddy went to Boston for the night. Mudgie had such a great time with his grandparents. They played outside with his swingset and his bucket of water. They watched lots of Mudgie's favorite shows. They went out to eat at Friendly's, and Mudgie had a giant ice cream cone for dessert. He got to stay up late. Then, as if to say thanks for all the fun he had on Saturday, Mudgie slept until almost 7am!
Dave and I got home around 11:30 Sunday morning, and the house was empty! Everyone had gone down to the pond to play on the playground there. Mudgie got home and he was so tired from the great morning he had, he wasn't even excited to see us (or at least that's what I'm telling myself for why he didn't seem happier we were home). After nap time it was back outside to play until dinner time. As long as that boy can be in a swing, his little red car, or playing with water, he doesn't care about anything else. I hope the nice weather is here to stay because it sure makes our job of entertaining him a heck of a lot easier!
The weather was not as nice earlier in the week, and when we'd get home at the end of the day, all Mudgie wanted to do was watch tv, or "t-t" as he calls it. Usually he'd tell us he wanted to "watch Cars." It's great he knows what he wants, but I just wish he wanted a little less television. On the plus side, he knows the movie so well now that he does some really cute stuff when he watches it. For example, he now says "ca-chow" like Lightning McQueen, and when the Mac Truck is making faces in another trucks bumper, Mudgie makes the same face. However, I'm still hoping the tv obsession is over soon, as there is so much other stuff I'd rather him be doing.
1 comment:
Sounds like Mudgie does just fine without the 'rents! Of course Grammy & Grampy sound like they let Mudgie rule the roost! ;)
Post a Comment