So, after a very long and hot week for a very pregnant mommy, we arrived at Mudgie's birthday party on Saturday. We (I) decided to just do a small family party this year, seeing as how Midgie is ready to make his/her appearance any day now. Our small family party included 15 guests, and Mudgie was just thrilled to be the center of attention...go figure!
All week long he talked about his "happy cake." He could barely contain his excitement when the day finally arrived, and it was practically an illegal form of torture keeping the cake in the fridge all day and not letting him have any! However, when he woke up from his nap and guests started arriving with "presents for Mudgie," the focus on the cake seemed to dissipate. In true Weatherwax form (just like his daddy), Mudgie wanted to immediately play with every present he opened, which I guess just means that he got some really great gifts! He was such a good boy, thanking everyone and giving them hugs, but the present opening took so long that we had to break it up into 2 rounds!
After round 1 was over, we decided it was time to grill up burgers and dogs. We digested while Mudgie finished opening presents, and then it was finally time for cake. Mudgie was in heaven as we sang him "Happy Birthday," and did a great job blowing out his candles. He made a big mess with his cake and ice cream, and had a fabulous time doing it!
He got so many wonderful gifts, and had such a great time at his party. He talked about it all day on Sunday, as he enjoyed playing with said gifts. I think he's going to be quite disappointed when his birthday is over and there is no more cake or songs, but I hope he remembers how much fun he had for a very long time.
As Mudgie's days as an only child draw to a close, I find myself wondering how all of our lives are going to change. Mudgie is so excited to become a big brother, and I know that he will be wonderful with his new little brother or sister. All of our lives are about to change so much, and we have no idea what we are in for...
1 comment:
I love the picture of Mudgie looking/devouring his happy cake with such enthusiasm and excitement! His little hands and arms are tense with excitement! HAHA! It seems like his 2nd happy day was so much different than his 1st!
Post a Comment