Well Mudgie had so much fun celebrating his birthday at his party last weekend, that we just kept the fun going until his real birthday on Tuesday. Every night we had cake and sang him happy birthday. On Tuesday he woke up and told us that it was his "real happy day," and all day long he went around saying/singing "Happy Birthday to Mudgie!" It was really too cute for words.
With all the fuss, I was a little concerned about how he would feel on Wednesday after the birthday excitement was all over, and there was no more cake and song, but he seemed to adjust just fine, which is good to know. He has really enjoyed playing with all the presents he got for his birthday, and has especially liked the trucks DVD's that Auntie Lisa got him, as well as the "Car Story" (aka Toy Story) movie that Grammy and Grampy got him. It may sound as if all he's been doing is watching tv, but he's really found plenty of time to play with all his other new toys as well!
This weekend, after MUCH coaxing, we were finally able to get Mudgie to play with us in the pool...and guess what he discovered? He LOVED it! I know, go figure. Even harder to figure out was how, after playing in the water all afternoon on Saturday, we practically had to force him into his bathing suit on Sunday, and even then it took him more than an hour of playing outside before we could get him in the pool. Again, once he finally went it, he loved it. I have no idea why it takes so much work to get him in the pool, but once he's in there he's a little water bug!
Midgie is holding out much longer than Mudgie did. Mudgie arrived 10 days early, but it looks like Midgie is going to be in there until my due date (or later), though I will not be complaining if that changes. As far as I'm concerned, I'm now mentally and physically ready for this baby to show up...so come on out, Midgie. We are all waiting to meet you!
1 comment:
It sounds like Mudgie wants the pool to be HIS idea???? LOL.
I am so glad to hear he loves the DVD's I got him...I heard they are high quality productions-heehee!
Post a Comment