Monday, August 16, 2010

Auntie Lisa, blueberries, and fire fighters (oh my)!








Auntie Lisa came into town on Friday night to see Mudgie and meet Aaron. It was so nice to see her, as it had been way too long since our last visit (Christmas). We made sure to make the most of the short time we had with her, so we did lots of fun activities.

On Saturday, we went blueberry picking. Aaron happily slept in the sling through the entire event. Mudgie, on the other hand, was quite the blueberry picker. However, I would dare to say that more blueberries made their way into his belly than into the bucket to take home. I think that's the healthiest he's eaten in a year!

On Sunday, the whole family (Grammy and Grampy Weatherwax were here too) went to the "Wash a Fire Truck" day at the Stow fire station. As you can imagine, Mudgie was in fire fighter heaven. He got to sit in and "drive" the fire trucks. He got to spray a real fire hose with a fire fighter. There was even a fire dog (read "guy in firefighter dog costume") and a bouncy house there! Aaron happily slept in the sling through the entire event...do you see a trend here?

Auntie Lisa was a huge help the rest of the time she was here too. Mudgie's daycare is closed this week for vacation, so it was very nice to be able to have a second set of hands for a few days. She also got to feed Aaron his first bottles. Unlike Mudgie, who ate anything and everything, Aaron was a little more hesitant of the bottle on his first try. The second night he definitely warmed up to it, although he drank until he was full and then stopped. Mudgie always sucked down the whole thing and then wanted to nurse after that!

I know I shouldn't be comparing my 2 boys, and I'm in no way saying that one is better than the other, but I just find it so interesting how different they are already. Aaron is doing great at "tummy time," while Mudgie couldn't stand it. He'll probably be crawling by Christmas and getting into everything, meaning we'll actually have to baby-proof the house...something we never really did with Mudgie since he never crawled, and listened to the word "no" so well when he finally started to walk. I'm sure next week/month/year will bring even more differences.

1 comment:

Lisa Weatherwax Bagnall said...

I miss my 2 boys so much already! My house seems so dull and quiet ;) I had such a fabulous time! Miss and Love You ALL!