
Well, I know I missed my usual Sunday posting this week. Aaron has been a hungry little man, leaving me very little time in which I have use of both my hands, and trying to type with only 1 is just frustrating!
We've all been adjusting well to our expanded family. On Sunday, we even made it out of the house for a family outing to the park. We put both kiddos in the stroller (I love my Phil and Ted) and had a nice little walk before we headed to the playground. Aaron was sound asleep, so Mudgie and I got lots of quality playtime on the playground. He's really getting so much more adventurous, and I'm so impressed with how well he's conquering the "big kid" stuff. Of course, this is to say that we only made to the playground after a huge meltdown when Mudgie needed to play in the crib. He wanted to nap in there, and fortunately we talked him out of that, but after nap there was no stopping him. He cried for almost a half an hour before we caved, and then he very happily played in the crib for about an hour. He didn't even care if we were there with him...he just wanted to be in the crib. Fortunately, he hasn't been interested in it since.
On Monday, Dave went back to work after 2 weeks of paternity leave. Unfortunately, that morning Karen called to tell us she was sick, meaning not only was I on my own with Aaron for the first time, but I had both Aaron and Mudgie all by myself all day. I was a little terrified (and exhausted), but Mudgie was on his best behavior, and aside from the fact that he watched way too much tv that day, I would definitely call it a success.
Karen was feeling better by Tuesday, so Aaron and I have been spending quality time together all week. On Tuesday we ran some errands and went to the farmer's market...he slept through the whole thing. On Wednesday we went to the New Mother's Group and met some other new moms with babies close to his age. We hit it off and went to the park with a couple of them on Thursday! We also went to the doctor on Thursday for a well-baby visit. Aaron is perfect (the doctor's words, I swear), and huge! He now weighs 10 lbs 3.8 oz, and is 22 inches long...he's in the 97th percentile for both height and weight. It's crazy!
At this point, we are looking forward to lots of family. I'm taking the gang to Boxford tomorrow to see my sister before she heads back to New York, and then Lisa (Dave's sister) is flying in from North Carolina tomorrow night. Dave's parents will be joining us for the weekend too. Things do get a little crazy with all the visiting, but we are so lucky to have such wonderful family. I wouldn't want it any other way.
No comments:
Post a Comment