

Before I start with Tiggy, I need to catch up on the last week and a half. Last weekend we took Mudgie and Aaron on a hike, and by "hike" I really mean a 3 mile flat walk in the woods. Mudgie rode on Daddy's back, and Aaron came with me in the soft carrier. Mudgie loved the backpack (I'm not sure if he remembers all the hikes we did last summer), and Aaron seemed to really like the carrier. We went to the old stone bridge in town, or "the big big bridge" as Mudgie calls it. We all had a really good time, and I'm looking forward to our next family hike!
This week Aaron has started sleeping better. He's been taking less time to eat when he wakes up in the middle of the night, which lets me get a lot more sleep, even if I'm still waking up 3 times a night. The past few nights he's even had a 4-hour stretch of sleep. Unfortunately, those 4 hours are from 8-12, and since I'm not ready for bed at 8pm, I'm still not getting 4 consecutive hours of sleep, but the 2-3 he does through the rest of the night is still longer than Mudgie was giving me at this point.
Now to the bad news. Our first baby, Tiggy, got very sick this week. On Friday night we noticed he hadn't eaten his dinner, and for anyone who knows Tiggy knows that's never happened before. He just laid on the floor next to his food. He was also acting really off, not licking us when we pet him...just "off." So we checked his litter box and realized he hadn't peed in a couple days. We called the vet immediately and brought him to the animal hospital. They took him right in and saw his bladder was very enlarged. He had stones blocking his bladder and needed surgery. Thankfully, poor Tiggy did fine with the surgery, and should be coming home tomorrow. I can't imagine this house without him!
Even with all the Tiggy commotion we were able to have some fun this weekend. We went to the 4-H fair in town. Mudgie seemed to enjoy the animals, but his favorite part was definitely the bouncy house. He was such a big boy. He went right in and bounced all by himself (well, without us) for 15 minutes. He loved it...so much, in fact, that he would not come out when his time was up, and Dave had to go in and get him. We really need to work on his listening to instructions...
1 comment:
Love that..."listening to instructions"...HAHA! He's 2! HEEHEE!
Post a Comment