There are 2 weeks full of cute kid things to talk about! While we really didn't do much last weekend, I was exhausted by the time Sunday night rolled around, and I just needed a few hours to myself...hence, no blog last week. We've now had 2 pretty low-key weekends, and for the most part, pretty uneventful weeks as well.
Last weekend one of my co-workers, who dabbles in photography, came to our house to take some pictures of the kids. As you can see, she got some really great pictures! Since we've tried twice to get the boys to take nice photos in the studio and had almost no success, it was especially nice of her to offer, and then come our house to catch them "in their element." Thank you, Sonca!
This weekend we had a get-together with Mudgie's best friend from daycare, Talia, and her family. We went to the Stone Zoo, and it was so cute to watch the two of them together! They totally "get" each other in a way I haven't seen between Mudgie and any other kids. It was clear they were both so excited to hang out on a day they wouldn't normally see each other, but they were both a little confused as to why K-K and their other daycare friends were not there too.
Mudgie's speech and language skills continue to amaze me. He's making up stories daily, and telling them using long (10-ish words) sentences and somewhat correct grammar. This week he's also started to say "no thank you" when you offer him something he doesn't want. It's SO cute it makes me want to eat him up! Then there is ever-increasing level of cognition. We were driving in the car when Dave and I got a piece of gum, something we do all the time in the car. For the first time, Mudgie noticed us doing this and asked what it was. When I told him it was gum he said, "Me never have that before, Mama." That's right, Mudgie...you haven't!
Another super cute development of the past couple weeks is the dual bath-time routine. That's right, Mudgie and Aaron now take baths together! Mudgie loves helping me to "wash" Aaron, and he also picks out toys to share with him. Not only is it absolutely adorable, but it's also a great way to conserve water!
Aaron is still waking up about twice a night. There are usually a couple days a week where he'll have a particularly bad night where he is up 5-10 times, but for the most part, I'm getting a decent night's sleep. He's such a good baby, and as I've said before, really only cries when he's hungry or tired. However, he really fights falling to sleep in the evenings, and I seem to find this particularly stressful. I need to swaddle him or hold him super tight and rock him and stick a pacifier in his mouth, all while he's crying and trying to squirm free. Doesn't he know I'm just trying to help, and if he just gives in he'll feel so much better?
He is starting to roll from side to side, and I guess it's only a matter of time before he's rolling over completely. I guess this means I will really have to work to break the swaddle habit sooner rather than later. Last night, he broke an arm out of the swaddle at 3am, but because he was in a sleep sack over the swaddle, he still couldn't get to his hand, which is what he really wanted. It took him waking up 5 times over the course of a half an hour for me to figure out what was going on! So I figured I'd let him have his hand and leave him only partially swaddled. After that, he slept pretty well for the rest of the night. So tonight, we are once again trying the 1 arm swaddle. Hopefully the experiment goes better this time than it did 2 weeks ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment