

Happy Halloween! I was so excited for Halloween this year. Mudgie is such a big boy now I just knew he was going to love trick-or-treating. He spent all week long getting pumped up for Halloween at daycare. They made all kinds of spooky crafts and played with their plastic pumpkins. If you were to ask Mudgie what happens when you say, "Trick or Treat" he would smile and tell you that you get candy.
Mudgie had several options for what he wanted to be for Halloween. I got him this great dragon costume months ago, and after his pirate adventure at Storyland, we got him a pirate costume as well (though he's been very disinterested in it). And of course he could always go as a fire fighter. Early on Halloween we tried to put on his dragon costume to go outside and take some pictures. We got the costume on, and he was excited about it, but as soon as he was dressed he started freaking out and wanted the costume off. So Mudgie was a fire fighter for Halloween. Aaron, who seems pretty content to wear whatever you want him to, so he was an adorable cow.
We went trick-or-treating with our neighbors Lauren (3 years old) and Michael (1 year old). Lauren was totally into all things trick-or-treating. Mudgie, on the other hand, had a little fit at each house. Once he got to the door and was offered candy, he would shriek with delight, but it seemed like each house was struggle to get him up the walkway. I must confess I was surprised by his reluctance, but I think in the end he had a good time. Aaron seemed happy enough to go along for the ride, and fell asleep about half-way through.
Speaking of Aaron, he found his thumb in earnest last week, and it seems to do a pretty good job at soothing him. Because of this, I thought it might be a good idea to start weaning him from the swaddle, which we still use every night. He'd had a few really great nights of only waking up once, and I just hoped this wouldn't disrupt our sleep progress. On night one I left his right arm out of the swaddle. That night he only woke up once, and I was optimistic about my efforts. On night 2 I did the same thing, but that night he woke up 4 times. Hoping that all those wakings were just a coincidence, I did the same thing on night 3. I'm not sure how many times he woke up that night, as I stopped counting after 7! Clearly, this was not going well. I've decided to go back to the full swaddle and try again in a week or 2, when he will hopefully be more ready to sleep freely.
No comments:
Post a Comment