Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A mid-week post











Because of the long weekend, I was delinquent on my Sunday night blog post. Then Monday night got away from me, and here we are at Wednesday night. Since we are going on the Ingalls Family ski weekend this weekend, I figured I'd better post now that I have the chance, as it's very likely I'll miss this coming Sunday as well.

Aaron is growing up so fast! He's finally morphing his nap schedule into 2 real (aka longer than 30 minutes) naps. This, not surprisingly, has coincided with a much happier little boy. It hasn't led to any better night-time sleeping yet, but I'm hopeful that it's on the way. He's also started "walking," as in he holds onto your fingers and walks around the house. This is his absolute favorite new activity, and he's getting quite good at it. He's really following in Mudgie's footsteps, so I will not be at all surprised if Aaron skips crawling and goes straight to walking. Hopefully we have a while before either of those things happen!

On Friday, the boys and I went to visit Grampy Michael. Mudgie had a great time playing with Grampy and all his toys. In fact, he had so much fun that he didn't want to leave. He really wanted to take his nap at Grampy's house, but I told him he had to take his nap in the car instead. Then he said, "I want to take a nap in your soft arms, Mommy." Then my heart just melted...but I still made him take a nap in the car on the way home.

On Saturday, after Mudgie got a haircut, the Weatherwax grandparents came to visit. They brought pizza dough with them so Mudgie could help make pizzas. He and Grampy made pizzas for everyone, and Mudgie had a blast! He followed Grampy's instructions very well, and once the dough was rolled out, I'm not sure if there was more flour on the counter or on Mudgie. He looked a little like Casper the friendly ghost, but he was so proud of the pizza he made that mess didn't matter at all.

On Monday, my friend Jenn and her 2 boys, Ryan (4.5) and Grant (2.5), came over for a playdate. It went so well! The boys played very well together, and sharing was really not an issue at all. Dave got them all riled up, so I think they got lots of energy out with that, leaving them relaxed enough to take turns and listen during the rest of the morning. Even Aaron had a good time. While he's still too little to play with the big kids, he was fascinated by all the commotion, and he barely peeped the whole time they were here!

Mudgie keeps coming out with some hilarious statements. On Friday, Mudgie put his hand under my shirt and said, "Remember when we used to go under here?" I said, "Yes, I remember, but you don't do that anymore now that your a big boy, right?" And Mudgie said, "Right, Mommy." And that was the end of it.

Then there is bathtime. For a while now I've been bathing both boys at the same time. It saves water and time, and they both seem to enjoy it. Well, Mudgie loves it. Aaron tolerates it. Aaron lays on the foam bear in the tub like Mudgie did when he was a baby. When Mudgie gets in the tub, he will lay on Aaron, hold Aaron's face in his hands and say, "Ba-by boy. You my ba-by boy!" Then he plays with Aaron's belly button. It is so cute, and yes, I have this on video.

No comments: