Sunday, March 6, 2011

A ski weekend and some colds









So as I mentioned before, we went on the annual Ingalls Family ski weekend last weekend. We went up to Okemo, and we had a great time. The drive up there on Friday was treacherous, as the mountains got almost a foot of new snow, but fortunately we left early and the boys did really well in the car, so it was not as bad as it could have been. The condo we stayed in was right on the mountain...all you had to do was walk about 100 ft out the door and there was the trail.

In fact, I didn't appreciate how high up on the mountain the condo was until I took Mudgie skiing on Saturday morning. Since the condo was on a green trail, I figured Mudgie and I could ski down to the bunny slope and then just do that for a while. Well, let's just say it's a good thing Mudgie likes to ski because it was a long way down! I had to take a couple breaks on the way down, since my back was killing me from skiing with a toddler between my legs. Mudgie loved the skiing, but didn't care for the breaks and kept telling me not to stop! Let's just say we only did that trail once.

Both Mudgie and Aaron did really well all weekend. The funniest thing happened when my dad was taking a shower and thought the second door in the bathroom was a linen closet (an honest mistake) when it really went into the room we were staying in. Mudgie was in there taking a nap, and when I went to get him, Mudgie told me, "Grampy was looking at me...He was nakie." But the best part of this story came when we asked Mudgie if he wanted Grampy to put him to bed that night. Mudgie paused and said, "Ok. But don't be nakie again, Grampy!" Loved it!

Really nothing new to report the rest of the week. Aaron is still eating great and not sleeping. A recent development is his hatred of the crib. I'm hoping this is a phase, but I can pretty much only get him to sleep in the crib during his first stretch of the night. Once he wakes up, he wants nothing to do with going back into it. Mudgie still doesn't want to give up his diapers, and if he has to "go" when he's in the bath, he'll freak out and start crying for a diaper. We offer him the potty (I mean, hey, it's right there), but he is adamant that he wants nothing to do with the thing...

And both the boys have colds. Aaron has a cough and runny nose, and Mudgie just seems to have a runny nose. Everyone still seems happy and hungry, though, so I'm hopeful it will blow through quickly. Karen is on vacation this week, so Dave and I are each taking a couple vacation days to stay home with the boys. This will be the longest stretch of time Dave has been alone with the boys. I think he's a little nervous about it, but I know he's going to be fine.

No comments: