




So our week without daycare started out well. I took Monday and Tuesday off to stay home with the boys. We actually had a great time together...so much, in fact, that my mind started to toy with thoughts about what it would be like to be a stay-at-home mom. While I'm sure the boys and I would have a great time, I also realize that a few days are very different than full-time, and I really do like my job (and my paycheck).
On Wednesday, I went back to work and Dave started his shift. Let's just say that when I got home that night, Dave looked done...I'm guessing he wasn't thinking about being a stay-at-home dad. I guess Aaron gave him a run for his money, but Thursday appeared to go much better, and Dave said he felt much better at reading Aaron after their time together.
On Friday afternoon we drove up to Maine to visit the Coughlins and go skiing. Mudgie was very excited, and to prepare for the trip he watched videos of when we were there last year. He watched "baby Mudgie" skiing with Kate, and he watched "Mudgie watching trains" in the basement of the cabin (which Mudgie called the cabinet). The drive up there was long (4+ hours), but the boys both did really well. Mudgie loved playing with Carly (12) and Eric (10), and we loved how they entertained him all weekend! He got to sleep in a bunk bed (on the bottom bunk), and play with lots of trucks, trains, and dinosaurs. Aaron was a good little boy all weekend, but he didn't really want anyone other than Mommy or Daddy to hold him.
Mudgie did so good skiing. On Sunday we all went to the mountain, and we got to ride on a bus from the parking lot to the base...big surprise, Mudgie loved it. He skied with both Kate and me, and he got to ride on the chair lift. He loved it all, even if he was done after an hour, and I think it was a good end to the ski season. I can't wait until next year when Mudgie can really start skiing by himself, and then it will be Aaron's turn to ski with Mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment