Saturday, March 19, 2011

Warm weather and pictures!










Aaron had his head ultrasound this week. While I wouldn't say he enjoyed the experience, he controlled his frustration much better than Mudgie did when he had it done. As expected, he's fine, confirming that the Weatherwax boys just have big heads!

The boys and I had such a nice day on Friday. After getting out the door for Stroller Strides without a battle (Mudgie usually wants to stay at home in his "jammies" all day), I took Mudgie to get a special treat. We went to this little bakery in Acton, Sweet Bites, and I told Mudgie he could pick out whatever he wanted. I thought his eyes were going to bug right out of his head when he saw all the goodies he could pick from. He finally decided on a duck cookie, and we took our treats to the table outside to enjoy them. Mudgie thoroughly enjoyed my description of what the duck could no longer do after he chomped off its body parts, and we laughed and enjoyed our good food and the great weather until Aaron woke up and wanted to go home. We took the rest of our treats to go, and made our way home. Mudgie continued to eat his cookie all afternoon, having some with lunch, some with his snack after nap, and then the rest during a break from playing outside. The weather was SO nice, and both boys spent several hours playing outside on the swing set. After this long winter, a day like this was much needed.

On Saturday, I took Aaron to get some pictures taken. Mudgie is very anti-photo these days, and since we tried 3 times without success to get a good picture of the 2 of them when Aaron was younger, we decided that some good pictures of Aaron are better than no pictures of Aaron and Mudgie. Aaron has turned into such a cute, happy baby boy with the best smile, and we need to capture that in as many photos as we can! He did really well during his photo shoot, and I think we came out with some great pictures!

Grammy and Grampy came up on Saturday afternoon, and we all had a nice evening together. On Sunday, Mudgie played with Grampy's train (which he asks Grampy to bring every time he comes over), and we also continued to enjoy the nice weather and played outside. Everyone threw me a nice little birthday party that evening, and Mudgie was all too happy to help me blow out candles and open presents! Before long, it will be time for the boys' birthdays...I'm not quite ready for that yet.

No comments: