


9 months is a big milestone. As someone whose opinion I really respect once told me, he's had as much time outside as in (meaning it takes 9 months to grow a baby, and he's now been an "outside baby" for equally as long). It feels like Aaron has been part of our lives forever. When I think back to being pregnant, it just seems like so long ago, and yet the past 9 months have flown by. At his 9 month check-up, Aaron weighed in at 19 lbs 12 oz*, and was 29.5 inches long. I gave his weight measurement at little "*" because he still has his cast on, so that definitely skews the measurement. I don't remember what his head circumference was, but I do know that it's continuing to grow faster than a normal baby head (just like Mudgie's did), but we had the head ultrasound, so we know it's just because he needs lots of room for that Weatherwax brain of his! He is perfect in every way (even the doctor agrees), and Mudgie, looking out for his little brother, told the doctor that Aaron didn't need any shots. The doctor decided not to argue, so Aaron had a very nice visit!
Mudgie is just an endless source of entertainment. He's told both Dave and I on several occasions that, "Aaron is my best friend." We were playing outside on the swings today when Aaron started babbling. I asked Mudgie what Aaron was saying, and Mudgie replied, "He's trying to say Eli." I asked Mudgie if Aaron was going to call him Mudgie or Eli. Mudgie told me that Aaron will call him Eli because all his friends call him Eli. On Saturday morning, after both boys woke up ridiculously early, I was making coffee in the kitchen while they played in the living room. When I peeked in to check on them, Aaron was sitting and playing with a toy while Mudgie was laying on the floor and rubbing Aaron's back. They really do seem to enjoy each other's company, and I really enjoy watching these brothers interact. I hope they continue to grow closer and enjoy each other for the rest of their lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment