







If I thought Mudgie's first year flew by, Aaron's happened at lightning speed! It's incredible to think that just 1 year ago, Aaron had just come out of my belly, while it's also incredible to believe that it has been a whole year (if that makes any sense). I can't even remember what life was like before Aaron. Yes, we only had Mudgie and we focused all our time and attention on him, but it's amazing how life with 2 boys is just normal now.
At 1 year old, Aaron is so close to walking on his own. He'll take steps, but he prefers to walk around holding onto a finger (just 1) even though he can balance really well without it, or he'll just crawl. He's taken a couple pretty good spills, so I think he's scared to pull the trigger and just do it. I know it's going to happen soon, though. He still doesn't have many words, but he's working on it (mama, dada, baba, and we're working on nana (aka banana), and wawa (aka water)), and he's getting better at pointing to things in order to communicate. At this point, I'll take what I can get, as we both get very frustrated when I can't read his mind!
Another big milestone, Aaron made it to 1 year without needing formula. While we are starting to introduce cow's milk next week, I am very proud to have been able to feed him "mama's milk" for his entire first year.
This weekend we had a "friend's party" for the boys. It was the first party that Mudgie got to invite his friends from daycare (and Mommy's friends ,too), and he was so excited about it. All his daycare friends were able to come, and it was a great day for a pool party. At 95 degrees, everyone was in the pool. We also had the slip and slide that Mudgie got last week set up, along with the bouncy house and the giant Thomas tent. All the kids, Aaron included, had a blast, and everyone, Mommy and Daddy included, slept well that night.
On Sunday we took the boys for their birthday pictures. I think they came out pretty well, and we were finally able to get some really good shots of Mudgie and Aaron together. Next week they both have their birthday check-ups at the doctor's, and Daddy is traveling for half the week. I think we are all looking forward to some peace and quiet next weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment