


Mudgie had his first dentist appointment this week. It went so much better than I could have even hoped for. Mudgie and I talked about it for a week beforehand, discussing what the dentist was going to do. When the big day came, it went just like we rehearsed. The hygienist showed Mudgie all the tools she was going to use, and let him touch them before he sat down in the chair. She gave him sunglasses so he wouldn't mind the bright light, and then she counted his teeth, cleaned them, and wiped the toothpaste off with the "tooth towel," which Mudgie chose over the "rain dropper and sucker." The people there were great, and Mudgie did everything they asked of him! In fact, he didn't get upset until I told him we had to leave, as he wanted to stay and play with the cool dump truck!
On Friday the boys and I ran some errands, and then we went out to lunch, just the three of us. It was first time I ever attempted taking the boys out to eat by myself, and fortunately, they were both very well behaved. We went to Panera, where we could make a quick get-away if need be, but everyone was on their best behavior, and I was even able to eat my own lunch! Everything went really well until we were packing up to leave and Aaron ended up taking a milk shower, but we were leaving anyway, and it was a bath night, so really no big deal in the grand scheme of things.
Saturday was picture day, and the 4 of us got some professional pictures taken. We had a 1 hour photo shoot, and while I don't have any of the pics yet, I know there must be some good ones in there! Sunday was Family Day at the Lincoln Lab, and I got to show Dave, the boys, my Dad and Mary, and Dave's parents where I spend my working days. Clearly, all of the goings on were above the comprehension of Mudgie and Aaron, but Mudgie really liked making and flying the airplanes, and both Mudgie and Aaron loved the ice cream truck (go figure). I think all the grown-ups had a good time too, and hopefully we can really get to see some of the exhibits at the next one (in 5 years).
Aaron is learning all about the sounds animals make. So far he knows duckies say quack quack, frogies say ribbit ribbit, and monsters say ahhhh. We are also working on wolves, which are the featured animal in Mudgie's new favorite movie. In fact, both boys were howling in the bath tub the other night, but they stopped before we could get it on video. It was pretty hilarious.
And because it made me laugh, another Mudgie funny:
Dave and Mudgie are playing in the basement together when Mudgie gets upset about something and just starts screaming.
Dave: "Mudgie, why are you screaming?"
Mudgie: "Because I have bad manners."
No comments:
Post a Comment