Sunday, October 23, 2011

Aaron's 15-month check-up






If you can believe it (because I can't), Aaron had his 15-month check-up on Friday. He's now 23 lbs (25th percentile) and 32.5 inches tall (90th percentile). He is still long and thin, and his head circumference is apparently off the charts. No wonder I have such a hard time getting shirts over that thing! Since Aaron has been having some serious stranger anxiety lately, you can imagine how much he loved being examined, but all in all he did well, and she stopped crying shortly after the 4 shots he got...poor baby.

To consolidate our doctor visits, Mudgie and I got flu shots while we there too. Mudgie and I talked about it all week so he would be prepared when the time came. I can't say he took the shot willingly, but it was much less traumatic than the shot he got at his 3-year check-up, so I guess that's progress.

On Saturday we went to Talia's 4th birthday party. It was at a bowling alley, and it was the boys' first bowling experience. Mudgie had a great time, more throwing the balls than rolling them, but he definitely got better as the party went on. He also loved playing in the arcade, and especially enjoyed the race car game, where he spent more time driving on the grass and into trees than he did on the road. I'm not looking forward to him turning 16! Aaron had a great time bowling too. He loves balls, and he helped me roll them down the lane. He would squeal with delight as the ball rolled away!

Sunday was pretty low-key. We spent a lot of time playing in the basement. Aaron just wants to do whatever Mudgie is doing, sometimes because he wants to play with him, and sometimes (I think) just to piss him off! Aaron can be such a little imp, but he's so cute he can often get away with it. Watching Mudgie play is so much fun for me. His play dialog sounds like he's reading a book. For example, he was playing with a train on his wooden track, and made up the following story:
Stanley chuffed along the track. He came to a big hill. He slowly applied his breaks. He tried to stop, but the cars were pushing him and he ran into the buffers. He turned around. At last, he was speeding along the tracks.
I kid you not!

Mudgie has also apparently learned how to placate his mother. Please see the following example:
Me: Mudgie, will stop getting bigger?
Mudgie: No, Mommy. I'm getting bigger and bigger up to here (demonstration).
Me: Ok, you can get that big as long as you will still make time for your mommy when you're that big.
Mudgie: Ok.
5 seconds later...
Mudgie: I said "no" to myself.

Where does he learn this stuff?????

No comments: