Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving











As has become tradition, we went to my Aunt Debbie's place in Connecticut for Thanksgiving this year. Amazingly, both boys took as nap in the car as we hoped, and were really on their best behavior all day. It was great to see so much family, and the boys loved all the attention, even Aaron, which was rather surprising!

Aaron had been glued to me like another appendage for the last couple weeks. We weren't sure if it was because he wasn't feeling well, or if he was teething, or if there was another reason, but I decided that I would succumb to this new appendage all weekend, in hopes that by giving him all the Mama he wanted, he'd want less. I'm not sure if it was my method that worked, or if he finally started to feel better, but he has certainly become a bit more independent this weekend.

And speaking of independence, Mudgie is really growing into his boyhood. We went to the playground this weekend, and Mudgie, usually the most cautious kid I know, was jumping off of structures 4 feet high and taking years off my life. He had a blast doing it, and while I cringed every time he did it, I also didn't stop him because I know it's really a good thing, even if it didn't feel like it at the time. I guess it's only appropriate that this corresponded with us putting Mudgie's bed on a real frame, so now his bed is, in his words, "boosted up."

After Thanksgiving, we went into Christmas mode. We spent 1 day raking, which both boys really enjoyed helping with, and then the next day we put up the Christmas lights outside the house. Mudgie thinks they are "beautiful." He actually thinks a lot of things are beautiful (sunsets, leaves, other people's Christmas lights), and will often point them out to us. It's a good thing we have a 3-year-old around to make us appreciate all of the world's splendor.

On Sunday we went on a little walk in the woods, and Mudgie did at least half of it himself. I was so proud of him. And not only was a great walk in the woods, the fresh air tuckered both the boys out and they took the best naps they've taken in months! After nap we went to the Westford tree lighting ceremony in the center of town. Aaron was fascinated with the Christmas tree (and all the kids running around), and Mudgie was really in the Christmas spirit (even if he was asking to trick-or-treating again while we were on the way there). I'm so excited for Christmas this year, maybe even more so than Mudgie. Watching his excitement is going to make this year amazing. Thank goodness for 3-year-olds!

And since I've forgotten to record some of these gems for a few weeks, some more Mudgie funnies:

Mudgie and Aaron are in the bath. Aaron is standing up and starts to go pee. To avoid a scene, I try to calmly aim it away from Mudgie, but alas, Mudgie caught on.
Mudgie: "Aaron is going pee. Aaron is going pee in the tub. Aaron is going pee on me! Ahhhh!" (insert screaming here)
I swear if we had the scene on video we would be $10k richer thanks to America's Funniest Home Videos!

Mudgie is in his room getting ready for bed, and he's getting his "babies" to put them in his bed.
Mudgie: "Come here, cutie pie!"

No comments: