Sunday, May 13, 2012

Here Comes the Sun







After way too many days of rain, we had a beautiful weekend.  Mudgie started his weekend early when he threw up at daycare and then spiked a fever.  Dave brought him home, gave him some drugs and a breathing treatment, and then he bounced off the walls all afternoon.  We gave him more drugs and another breathing treatment before bed (which he screamed through, so I'm sure it was really effective), but he woke up much better the next day.

Because I didn't want to share Mudgie's germs with anyone else, we avoided the playground on Friday and instead ran a few errands (or "Aarons," as Mudgie calls them).  We made a few stops in the mall before going out to lunch.  Both the boys were so well behaved!

Dave had to work on Saturday, so the boys and I planned a busy morning with friends.  We met my friend Karen, and her 2 boys Jacob and Luke, at the playground.  The boys were a little shy at first, each doing their own thing, but before I knew it, Mudgie and Jacob (who are almost the same age) were talking and playing together!  I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am to watch my little man making friends all on his own.  He really is growing up!  We ate an early picnic lunch because Aaron, who was an eating machine all day, told me, "Mama, eat.  Me eat!"  After lunch and some more playground time, we took the crew to Kimballs, where Jacob wanted to get the same ice cream as Mudgie and sit next to him at the table.  The 4 kids were so good sitting there eating ice cream (and so cute, too)!

On Sunday, Mother's Day, Dave gave me the gift of a kid-free day, and took the boys to Western Mass to visit his parents.  The kids had a blast with Grammy and Grampy, and ate cake and ice cream after (or more likely, for) lunch and dinner!  Later that night, when they got back home, I asked Mudgie if he knew what today was.  He told me, "It's Mother's Day, when we give cards to people."  I love these boys, and their hugs and smooches, and even their cries and whines (but not as much as their hugs and smooches).  They are both turning into such wonderful little men.  They make me proud to be their mom.

No comments: