It's been another long and stressful week of dealing with house stuff. Hopefully we will have good news to share next week. That said, I think we've been doing a pretty good job of not letting the stress flow down to the kids. They were great all week long. On Monday, they went on a field trip to the zoo. Mudgie loved the apes, or at least the toy fire truck in the ape habitat. He thought it was hilarious! Aaron was a big fan of the petting zoo and talked all night about how he threw food to the duck (or "quack quack" in Aaron speak). Apparently, Aaron was the only one of Karen's kids brave enough to pet some of the animals in the petting zoo. That doesn't surprise me at all!
I was really looking forward to a nice Friday with the kids. Unfortunately, in the middle of the night on Thursday, someone must have snuck into our house and replaced my lovely boys with whiney, cranky brats! We tried going to the Children's Museum with our neighbors, but both the kids complained the entire time we were there, and we left less than hour after we arrived. After that, I took them for a much needed haircut, and that went just about as well as the museum. Actually, Aaron did pretty well, and then happily consumed his post-cut lollipop while Mudgie screamed through his entire cut! After that, nap time couldn't come fast enough. After nap we tried making cookies, but both the kids put more dough in their mouths than on the cookie sheet, so I eventually had to shoo them out of the kitchen.
Fortunately, that night, the evil elves took the devil children back, and both the kids woke up in much better moods the next day. We had a great playdate with their friend Talia on Saturday morning, and then had a great dinner out, followed by the first Kimballs trip of the year! Mudgie consumed more ice cream than me (a tough feat!), and Aaron held his own pretty well too! Aaron loved all the farm animals wandering around. I guess we'll have to go back there soon...
At some point this weekend, Mudgie asked me, "Mommy, are you going to sell me and Aaron? You've had us for a really really long time." While I thought to myself that I would have given them away for free on Friday (just kidding), I assured him that we would never sell either one of them. He comes out with some great material. Like how he told Dave that he had to "color outside the lines because it was his responsibility." I hope he always thinks outside the box. I love the way his mind works!



No comments:
Post a Comment