Sunday, September 16, 2012

Mudgie Plays Sports









Since I spent most of last weekend at work, I didn't have a lot to share about the kids, but ask me about vibration testing and I could have talked your ear off.  In any case, I managed to emerge from work overload for at least this weekend, allowing the boys and I to do some much needed catching up!

Let's start with Mudgie's first soccer practice on Thursday.  We'd been talking about it for a couple weeks, and until Thursday morning, he seemed pretty excited about it.  For whatever reason, he decided that morning that he didn't want to go, and he was practically in tears about it as we drove to daycare.  I asked K-K to try and help me out, and sure enough, by the end of the day he was excited about it again.  When we got there, we were the first people at practice (Aaron stayed home with Daddy for the first week so we could get the lay of the land).  Mudgie started out in shy manner, not wanting to leave my side, but when practice started, I was able to slowly keep moving away until Mudgie was all on his own with the kids and the coach.  There were 5 kids, all 4 years old, and watching them all "following instructions"was pretty hilarious.  By the end of practice, Mudgie was in heaven as I was cheering him on to knock over the cones (the final game they played).  He did such a great job, and I was so proud of my big man!  Let's just hope that next week goes as well.

On Friday, the boys and I went apple picking.  We went to a new orchard that I'd never been to before, and let's just say it was a little bigger than I expected!  Both Mudgie and Aaron did a great job walking the whole thing, since I left the stroller in the car.  The only down side was all the bees.  Aaron got his very first bee sting on his thumb.  He took it like a champ and cried for less than a minute, even though his thumb then swelled up so much I thought we might have to go to the doctor.  Then for the rest of the day he told me, and anyone else who would listen, how the buggy bit his "fee fo fum(aka thumb)." And because 1 boy with a bee sting just won't do in the Weatherwax family, as we were waiting in the line for the hayride, Mudgie got stung too!  He was a little more upset than Aaron, and he actually decided he wanted to go home rather than go on the hayride after that.  I felt so bad for them both, but they seemed to perk right up when they helped me make apple crisp later that day.

On Saturday we went to the Big E with Grammy and Grampy Weatherwax.  The boys didn't know what to make of it, but they certainly loved eating junk food all day long.  The amount of sweets they consumed in 1 day was probably what they should be eating over the course of a month, but they didn't seem to mind.  Mudgie wasn't really into the rides, and Aaron was too small for most of them.  They both went on the train, and then Mudgie wanted to go down the slide.  Aaron was big enough to go too, so we all went up together.  Unfortunately, about halfway up Mudgie decided the giant yellow slide was too big, and ended up screaming until Dave took him down.  Aaron, on the other hand, wanted to walk up himself, rode down with a smile, and when we got to the bottom said, "Again, Mommy!"  These boys!


No comments: