Tommy has also started to "sing." I can't say he can carry a tune, but if you start singing, he'll join in (loudly). Sometimes he'll initiate the "song." Aaron insists he's trying to sing "Let it go." Who knows? Everyone else is singing it, so maybe he is too!
Tommy will now say "mama," "dada," and "igga (aka Tiggy)" on command. He is a wiz at the stairs, and will make a break for them whenever he can. When he gets to the top, he heads straight for our room to play with Dave's guitar. He's very into music, and will dance whenever he hears music. We have a toy "Wiggles" guitar that we got from a yard sale when Mudgie was about Tommy's age. All the boys have loved it, but I think Tommy more than anyone. For $2, including the batteries that I don't think we've ever replaced, it was quite the bargain! I was driving with all the kids in the car, and someone in the back was clapping along to beat by hitting their leg with their hand. I thought it was Aaron, but I turned around to discover it was Tommy.
Unfortunately, all this developmental growth has wreaked havoc on his sleep, and he has gone from waking up no more than once/night to 3-4 times/night. I'm pretty good at handling sleep deprivation, but when I try to "give up" and bring him into bed, Tommy wants no part of it. He'll squirm, play with the covers, and kick me, but there is no sleep happening, so he always ends up back in his crib...until he wakes up crying and I go calm him again. It's a good thing he's cute!
Finally, I'll throw in one "funny" from the big boys this week. Mudgie and Aaron were pretending to be superheros, and were shooting magic powers out of their hands at each other. The interaction went like this:
Mudgie: "Ice!"
Aaron: "Fire!"
Mudgie: "Wind!"
Aaron: "Fire!"
Mudgie: "Fire!"
Aaron: "Cream cheese!"
Me: dying laughing



No comments:
Post a Comment