It been a big couple weeks in the Weatherwax house. Tommy has learned how to crawl up stairs, and he's amazing fast at it. Unfortunately, we still haven't put up any baby gates, so this development means being sure to keep him in eyesight at all times. And if that wasn't enough growing up, he also started taking steps by himself. He can take about 5 steps all by himself, without holding onto anyone or anything. He was SO proud of himself when he first did it. I may have left him standing up in the middle of the yard, and made him come get me. He did it so much better than I was expecting!
Tommy has also started playing "games" at bedtime. It seems as though he doesn't want me to leave (and he only does this with me), but as soon as I put him in the crib, he'll sit himself up, stand up, and start crying. I'll pick him up for one last hug and lay him back down, but he usually pops right back up and cries again. I'll leave anyway, and usually before I make it to the bottom of the stairs he's done. I'm not ready for the big boy tricks from him!
Mudgie has officially become a "real boy" in my mind. As I was folding laundry last week, I noticed that every pair of pants from the week had a hole in the knees! While I'm not thrilled about him ruining his pants, I'm so proud of him not being afraid to "play rough." I think t-ball has a lot to do with this, and while I'm not sure if he really likes the game (or even really understands it), he does enjoy playing something with his friends.
Funny story: Dave brought Mudgie to his game this week. It was during nap so only one of us could go. Apparently, both the coaches from the team were absent, and things were a bit chaotic. Mudgie's team was in the field, and Mudgie was supposed to be playing first base. When the batter hit the ball, Mudgie ran from first base to second base (really quickly too)...I guess he got confused. As if that wasn't funny enough, when the next batter hit the ball, he ran to third base! He told Dave, "Daddy, I don't even know what I was doing!" I guess he really need a coach that day.
Also, while Mudgie is still pretty afraid of all flying bugs, he has discovered his loves inch worms! He spent about an hour playing a few that he found at the playground, and was quite disappointed when I told him we could not bring them home. Then he searched for and found one at home, and he made a little "home" for it, and named it "Inchie." As Inchie's home was in the yard and did not include any walls or house, Inchie was not there the next day when Mudgie went looking for him, but he seemed to handle that well.
Aaron continues to be my comic. He loves performing and getting a laugh. In fact, I really need to find some sort of outlet for his energy, but I'm just not sure what the right outlet is. I have a few great Aaron stories this week:
We are driving to K-K's in the morning.
Aaron: "Mommy, Riley always copies me."
Me: "That's because she thinks you're really cool!"
Aaron: "No she doesn't."
Me: "Do you think she's really cool?"
Aaron: "No, I think she's really pretty!"
FYI, this is the girl Aaron says he's going to marry. Watching them together is really sweet!
I was laying on the ground stretching my back, and Aaron was watching me do it.
Aaron: "Mommy, what are you doing?"
Me: "I'm stretching. My back is sore."
Aaron: "Can I stretch too?"
We then proceeded to do multiple yoga poses. Aaron was quite proficient at them!
Me: "Great job, Aaron! You are really good at yoga!"
Aaron: "That was fun. Can we do yogurt again?"
Lastly, I took the boys to Khol's on Saturday to get some new sneakers and jammies. Below is a picture of the only pajamas Aaron was interested in. For the record, there were the standard blue and red version there too, but that boy loves his pink!




No comments:
Post a Comment