Thursday, August 7, 2008

An eye infection :(


Eli had a lot of yellow goop in his left eye. I wasn't sure if I should call the doctor, or if I was just being a paranoid first-time mom, but I decided to err on the side of caution and let the doctor decide. The doctor told us to come in so that he could take a look at it.

Eli got weighed at the doctor's, and is now 9lb 0.5oz. He's getting so big. I'm with him every day and I can still see how quickly he's changing! The doctor looked at his eye and gave us a prescription for some antibiotic ointment. Eli is quite a trooper about letting Mommy put it in!

Sleeping has been a little rough this week. Eli is awake much more, and he's more alert when he's awake. Apparently, 3 week old babies don't have bedtime until 1am. Why does he get to stay up later than Daddy? This is the first week I really feel sleep deprived, but I'm looking forward to the weekend when Daddy can stay up until 1am and I can turn in at 11!

As for the picture, I was sleep deprived and playing with Eli's toys (since he still doesn't have much interest in them) when I thought it would be a really cute picture. Of course, as soon as I got the camera, he got fussy, so my really cute picture just has him looking angry! That's ok...I'll still "Kiss him."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope Eli's eye is better! Sorry he's been keeping you both up more! Believe me I wish I was there to stay up with him! I cannot believe he is 9 lbs already! AND he will be a month old on Wednesday...YIKES! I miss you all!