I can't believe my baby is a month old. The past few weeks have really flown by! Eli had is 1 month doctor's appointment yesterday. He's growing like a champ and now weighs in at 9lb 10oz, and is almost 22in long! He also got a shot (the first one I had to witness), and he didn't like it at all. He started crying, and it was so hard to watch that I almost started crying too.
The past week has been hard. Eli has been VERY hungry, and wants to be held constantly. He is glued to my arm (or boob), which makes it very difficult to do anything. I'm hoping this is just a growth spurt and he will go back to being the easy-going baby of last week!
Other than my lack sleep and constant milking, things are going well. We are able to get out on a fairly regular basis, as Eli pretty much falls asleep as soon as we get in the car! Dave and I had our first date since Eli was born. My mom was kind enough to babysit for a few hours while we went to see the Batman movie (Dave's choice). Unfortunately, another couple in the movie theater didn't feel the need to find a babysitter, and instead brought their 3 children with them (ages 8, 4, and infant). What is wrong with people???!!
Eli got to meet another great-grandparent when my grandfather came up from Florida. They really hit it off. I don't think Eli has met anyone he didn't like, and I REALLY don't think anyone who's met Eli didn't like him (but I may be biased)! However, all these visitors have really tired out Dave and I, and we are looking forward to our first weekend as just the 3 of us.
1 comment:
Aw!! If it makes you feel any better... I used to cry when my little sister would get shots! =)
I hope you have a chance to get some sleep too!
Grace
Post a Comment