Wednesday, November 12, 2008

4 months old!


So Eli is now 4 months old...we can't believe it! I went to the new mom's group (I haven't been since i went back to work), and Eli was one of the oldest babies there! It's amazing how much he's change during the last 4 months. Looking at all the brand new babies at group really highlighted how much he's grown!

Speaking of grown, Eli is now 25.5 inches long, and 15 lb. 15 oz! That boy can eat, although that's nothing I didn't already know. He is in the 75th percentile for height and weight. He's tall like his daddy already. He got 4 shots at the doctor's today. There were 2 nurses, so the stuck him simultaneously 2 times. I had to hold him, and I felt so evil. He was sitting happily on my lap, smiling and having a good time, when he gets jabbed by sharp needles. Mean mommy tricked him! Of course he cried, but not the terrible cry he did when they had to draw blood. It actually wasn't too bad, and they let me nurse him afterwards. Food always cheers him up (just like daddy again).

Let's hope he doesn't react to these shots as much as he did to his 2 month ones. So far he's been a little extra fussy, with this half-hearted cry, like he doesn't have the energy to really express how he's feeling. But he's also been playing if we can coax him into a good mood for a couple minutes. We'll see how the next 24 hours go...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!! Look at the little man! I can't believe how big he's gotten!! I can't wait to see him at Christmas! Love you guys.